Macbook will not connect to router!! :(

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have had absolutely no problems with my Macbook until yesterday. It used to work completely fine with the router I have (Netgear) but yesterday when I went to use my Macbook (which is roughly two months old) I get a prompt saying...

"The selected network uses an Access Control List to restrict access and this computer is not on the list. See the Adminisstrator for access."

Those are the exact words that it promts me. I have two choices, Try again or Ok. I reset my router, re-installed my DSL and still nothing! :( I can connect to someone elses network, but not mine...??? Anyone know the solution to this problem? I need my laptop for school!!! Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Ryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i7, MBP 2.2GHz, Hackintosh (retired)
I've had the same problem but not with the Mac. I updated the firmware on the router and all was fine.

Reaction score
yea..i wanted to connect the a built in ethernet but is not working as well..it says i did connect to a parallel host but i cant surf the net..any idea why?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.