Does Parallels 3.0 work well with Boot Camp partition?

Reaction score
I used the previous version of Parallels originally with a virtual drive and once they started supporting Boot Camp partitions I switched to that. My system ran so slow though, especially when booting up and shutting down Windows through Parallels but overall ran very slow. I posted then and a lot of others had the same issue so I changed back to the virtual drive.
Now that Parallels is up to 3.0 is this still a problem or does it work better?

Reaction score
Can't answer your question about Boot Camp, but Parallels V.3 works very well. I am able to run a lot of PC games now that would not run on earlier versions, and the regular pc apps that i run all run quite well, no slow down at all.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I found it to be a bit cumbersome running from a Boot Camp partition. Parallels doesn't have the same level of flexibility. Normally you can just pause your virtual machine and come right back to it later, but with the Boot Camp partition, it needs to do a full hibernate. Then you have to wait for it to come back up again the next time you want to get into Windows. It's more of a pain then it's worth. Now that Parallels supports 3D video, I see little reason to run Boot Camp at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.