MSN or Paid Hotmail on IPhone

Reaction score
I have tried setting up my @msn e mail with my iphone and no luck. I have tried using Exchange POP and IMAP and no luck. Has anyone been able to setup a hotmail or MSN account? Any Suggestions?

Reaction score
I do not think that the iPhone can setup email accounts that are using the HTTP protocol like Hotmail. I've been looking for any information that can dispute this but have come up with none.

Reaction score
Hotmail doesn't support POP3. So you'll have to use it like you always do: Using the internet. Or you could finally switch to something proper, like Gmail.

OP
N
Reaction score
Hotmail doesn't support POP3. So you'll have to use it like you always do: Using the internet. Or you could finally switch to something proper, like Gmail.

I haven an @msn email which has POP3 as an option. Hotmail Plus accounts also have this option..

Reaction score
Msn.com mail setup instructions, please

I haven an @msn email which has POP3 as an option. Hotmail Plus accounts also have this option..

Could you provide instructions on how you were able to setup your MSN.Com email account on the iphone. Did you have to change it to the Pop3.live.com and Smtp.live.com settings?'
Thanks

Reaction score
I'm excited about using this site with my hotmail, but when I enter all the information for a new mail account using the info on izymail it just hangs at "Verifying POP account information" I've tried it with IMAP, too..not sure why it won't go through. Anyone have success with this service?

Reaction score
msn email on iphone

It took two days, but I got it to work. First, you must have a Premium MSN account - $9.95 per month. Second, the incoming mail server is pop3.live.com, the outgoing mail server is smtp.live.com. SSL is on and the server port is 995 for the incoming server. SSL is on and the server port is 587 for the outgoing mail server. I talked to Apple twice - both times they told me MSN and Hotmail would not work with the iPhone. I talked to MSN support twice - the first time it worked once. The second time, they made me change the port settings, and it wouldn't work, so they told me it was an iPhone problem. Who's the evil empire? <g>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" MBP 2.53GHz, 500GB 7200rpm HD, 4GB Ram
I can vouch for izymail (at least until I switched to mobileme last month). You do get the odd 'can't connect to server' message, but other than that I found the service quite good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPro15 2.4/4/500 (Mid 09), MBAir13 2.13/4/256 (Late 10)
the most honest solution is to ditch them for a better provider. hotmail definitely lacks a lot of features many other providers include for free. i ditched my live account for gmail a long time ago due to the lack of free imap access. i also have a personal domain where i use google to handle mail services. it was a pain though since i was required to go "cold turkey" and wait until everyone i knew was up to date before i could reliably begin to ignore that account.

after switching to macs, i ended up springing for a mobileme account to keep all of my stuff sync'd.

the only problem with migrating away from hotmail is that they lock down forwarding, so it's an all or nothing affair. but like others said, there are some apps available to access your hotmail account IF you have an old, free account with grandfathered POP3 access. otherwise, you'll have to spring for a pro account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, iMac G3, 3 iPods, iPhone 3G
Of course Hotmail cant work on the iPhone... its a Microsoft client... Duh. Im kidding but seriously do yourself a favor and get away from hotmail. Gmail is one of the best free online e-mail services out there. You can make it an imap account and sync your apple mail and iPhone mail like no ones business.

I had this problem on my girlfriends iPhone... I tried the whole izymail and wasn't a fan. It never worked how I wanted it to and always prompted me to pay for something or other.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
After finding out Hotmail charges for their "pro" POP3 service I stopped using them as a secondary email service to my home Exchange-hosted account and started using my GMail account as a replacement to hotmail since the iPhone will access Gmail for free.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Really old thread guys...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4Ghz,2GB Ram,XP Pro
I have set up my hotmail account on my iphone via pop3 ad receive email fine as things were changed mid Jan so it is now supported.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
I have set up my hotmail account on my iphone via pop3 ad receive email fine as things were changed mid Jan so it is now supported.

Likewise, it's nice to have my Hotmail on the go now! ;)

Reaction score
ermmmmm......idk if this will help you but i can sync my hotmail with my apple mail on my imac.

Inbound mail: pop3.live.com
outbound mail: smtp.live.com:<[email protected]>
try if that will work for you cos it did on my imac

Reaction score
How did you do it?

Likewise, it's nice to have my Hotmail on the go now! ;)

Hi,

I'm happy to hear that you're getting hotmail on ur Iphone now.

Is it possible to for you tell me how u did this as I have been trying tirelessly to get it.

It would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.