PDA

View Full Version : how to transfer iPhone SIM to another phone?

Kulokoy
07-01-2007, 02:46 PM
i have an extra gsm phone and would like to use the SIM from the iPhone.
i dont want to take my iPhone with me whenever i go hiking or biking or carry iPhone out on my outdoor activities, that is why im wondering if we, iPhone owners can actually do that, to protect our investment.

XDIPLOMATICX
07-01-2007, 03:01 PM
if im right its just a regular sim card and being that if your regular cell phone is cingular or AT&T then you should be able to just pop it in your cell phone and go.

fleurya
07-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Correct, you can use your iPhone SIM in another phone, but you can't use a SIm from another activated phone in the iPhone. A lot of people on other forums have done this with no problems.

You should be fine.

pika2000
07-01-2007, 05:31 PM
Correct, you can use your iPhone SIM in another phone, but you can't use a SIm from another activated phone in the iPhone.
What if the SIM card is Cingular/AT&T SIM card, but not the one included with the iPhone (eg from previous plan/prepaid). Will those work on the iPhone?

dakineyj
07-01-2007, 06:25 PM
iPhone owner's manual
"Removing the sim Card
If you need to send your iphone in for service or if you want to loan your iphone to someone and you still want to be able to make calls, you may be able to use the sim card inside iphone with another gsm phone."

Kulokoy
07-01-2007, 09:56 PM
thank you thank you. found this to be very helpful. idk if linking is allowed. but here it is

http://www.thinksecret.com/archives/iphoneinterface/source/iphone05.html

it pays to read the manual, i didnt.