http://iphoneunlocking.com/

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with this website?

I want an I phone but live in the UK so I am looking into unlocking methods.

This website claims to unlock 75% of phones. They also claim to have unlocked over 3,000 already. If they are the real deal and people are using them I will be investing in an Iphone :D

Reaction score
Honestly, I bought this phone when it came out and it seems close to impossible to unlock this phone. That 75% is from phones people didn't know you can buy phones unlocked.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
eBay has a ton of unlocked phones available. Though I'm sure Bentley wasn't referring to the iPhone being available unlocked ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5
These undoubtedly will be hacked but the iphone would suck without the network integration it has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I mentioned this site in a couple other threads. I read an article that the people who are running this site were handing out flyers at the Apple store in NYC before the release claiming they could unlock the phone. The Apple folks kept trying to run them off. From what I heard, these guys somehow got the unlock codes from AT&T (maybe paid off an employee to leak it?) and that's how they're doing it. No hack required. They can do it because there's a law that actually protects people's right to do this. That's why so many do this sort of thing as a business. Hacking or not.

Anyway, that's what I've heard. A guy from Gizmodo tried it and it didn't work. He had to reactivate his iPhone, but at least it didn't brick it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
stock 17" 2.8ghz unibody mbp.
i actually signed up for the service... however i dont have an iphone so i just checked their js source to see what the criteria they were looking for when entering the iphone's "imei number" once you entered your email.. and yes i've also entered a legit email.. i'll make some posts when i get replies from their mailing list

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I read an update on this, apparently the 4,000+ phones they've unlocked is out of 130,000 requests! I'm surprised to hear that many people have tried, since only like 280,000 have been sold.

I have to hear more than a single testimonial on this service, despite how many people have apparently attempted/succeeded at it. And I read to forums over at howardforums.com too, where they're all about this kind of stuff.

Reaction score
what exactly does unlocking the iPhone mean? like say i had an unlocked iPhone. is there something extra i can do with it?

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I really want one but I will have to wait until 2008 :(

Reaction score
I'm in Asia too but i'm getting one shipped over in anticipation of the unlocking coming along - or if nothing else it will replace my aging video iPod + i can surf the net better than i can on my Dopod.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 iBook
I'm in Asia too but i'm getting one shipped over in anticipation of the unlocking coming along - or if nothing else it will replace my aging video iPod + i can surf the net better than i can on my Dopod.
You realise the phone is completely useless until someone finds a way to unlock it?

If anyone does here anything positive on unlocking them, please post up. I'm not ordering one until I know i'll be able to unlock it.

Reaction score
You realise the phone is completely useless until someone finds a way to unlock it?

If anyone does here anything positive on unlocking them, please post up. I'm not ordering one until I know i'll be able to unlock it.

Yep of course - but it will get unlocked. We all know that. it's just a matter of time. Based on other sites it looks like the activation will be broken tomorrow.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
HAHA That video was awesome PowerBookG4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Keep a watch on www.howardforums.com. Those guys live for this kind of stuff and many people who work on things like hacking/unlocking post there. If it happens, I suspect that will be one of the first places you'll hear about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.