Got an iPhone, questions...

Reaction score
So i got my 8giger today, the thing is so slick, but i have questions...

Isn't ichat supposed to be on this, and if so where the (heck) is it? Or is it just a text message conversation displayed?

I assume there is no sim card for this thing, so does that mean I have to enter in all my numbers manually?

At&t is taking forever to activate my iphone, hurry up people!

The only thing ive really done is run safari on with my internet wifi, and the browsing is incredible.

Thanks in advance for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
At the moment there is no iChat support, but no one but Apple knows if that feature will be implemented in the future.

There is a sim card. It's on the top, next to the headphone jack (I think).

And just have patience, imagine how many people are trying to activate their iPhones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Actually, one of the cons for the iPhone was the lack of iChat. So you can keep looking, but you won't find it.

The SIM card is on the top. You have to use a paperclip to get it out, but it comes preinstalled with one, so there's really no need to get it out.

OP
A
Reaction score
Oh ok cool, so it knows once i activate it to cancel my current phone and switch it over to the iphone? this is not new service i have been with c/att for years.

Reaction score
Oh ok cool, so it knows once i activate it to cancel my current phone and switch it over to the iphone? this is not new service i have been with c/att for years.

No, if you all ready have an AT&T plan all you have to do is add a 20 dollar monthly fee to cover the data coverage plan that is required.

Reaction score
My guess is Apple will eventually pushout an iChat client to the iPhone through iTunes at some point.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.