• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Buy.com screwed up my order

Reaction score
So I ordered 2 1GB sticks of crucial ram from buy.com and this morning the box arrived and I got the order slip for 2 1GB sticks, but instead of recieving the ram I got a 1GB Kingsotn SD card. What should I do? Has anyone had an expierience like this?

M

MacHeadCase

Get on the phone ASAP with them. On their webpage or on the invoice there should be a phone number for customer service.

OP
R
Reaction score
There is something on their website about reiceving the worng product but whenever I click on it it brings up my account, but any other thing there I can click on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
There is something on their website about reiceving the worng product but whenever I click on it it brings up my account, but any other thing there I can click on.

call them

T

todd51

Yea, definitely get on the phone with them, despite how much it sucks going through automated telephone customer service.

OP
R
Reaction score
I can't understand the people with customer service because they all have really strong Indian accents, so I sent them an email.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
Welcome to the club gnrfsu, the same thing happened to me. I ordered a book debunking creationism from buy.com and I got a book about Japanese culture from a DIFFERENT WEBSITE. I'll never buy from buy.com again.

OP
R
Reaction score
Welcome to the club gnrfsu, the same thing happened to me. I ordered a book debunking creationism from buy.com and I got a book about Japanese culture from a DIFFERENT WEBSITE. I'll never buy from buy.com again.

Yeah I rember that thread!

OP
R
Reaction score
Okay so I sent them an email telling them what happened and they sent me an email back tonight. I expected that they would send me the right product and a return lable so I could send them back the wrong product, but they expect me to send it back to them and have me pay for their mistake. They say I will be credited with the refund within a week of them reiceving the product. I'm still not sure what I should tell them because the product I reiceved cost a lot less than what I payed them. Any thoughts on what to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo

woah - that's impressive

OP
R
Reaction score
Okay so I have another update.

After sending Buy.com 4 emails about what I would want to happen(Have them pay for the shipping and them send out the right product) they agreed. They sent me a lable to print out on the box that came with the original item that was wrong. Then once they get that they will send me the RAM I ordered. It's been a real hassle to deal with them but in the end if you just keep pushing they finaly agree!;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
i haven't had issues with buy.com but ecost.com is another story.

glad to hear they finally got around to doing the right thing!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.