• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

People waiting for next iphone????????

Reaction score
Is there something I don't know? I keep hearing that people are going to wait for the next version with 3g. When is that supposed to come out? The first version hasn't come out yet but people are already making plans for the next generation? I would imagine it will be at least a year until they let out a new version of the iphone. I think the next thing on apple's plate would be to let out a new ipod.

Maybe I'm just impatient but I can't wait so I'll be buying it tomorrow if I can get one. It's expensive but I need a new phone anyway so I might as well get it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
The whole thing with a new iPhone coming out in September is a Rumor. and I wouldn't count on it to be honest, because as far as I can tell, no ONE can tell what & When with apple except for APPLE.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It'll probably be at least a year before they let out a 3G version, unless they are forced to because of a 3G release in Europe. (in which case first gen buyers will probably demand Steve's head on a plate!)

I'm waiting for 3G and hoping some other updates that should be on this first release are also there. Maybe even a discount for purchasing on contract like every other phone on the planet!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The whole thing with a new iPhone coming out in September is a Rumor. and I wouldn't count on it to be honest, because as far as I can tell, no ONE, except for RIDE, can tell what & When with Apple.

Thanks Mina! The 3G model won't be out in Sept, but will be released before year end.... just so you know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
LMAO.... crazy crazy RIDE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Thanks Mina! The 3G model won't be out in Sept, but will be released before year end.... just so you know.

Will someone please sig quote that...I want to see the look on Ride's face when it comes true/fails to come true.

Both would be priceless. ;)

Reaction score
Mac World Magazine is speculating that Apple will release a new ipod next. They think it will be the new "high-end" model and will feature alot of the tech from the iphone, ie touch screen and the like.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini i5, 2.3Ghz dual core, 8 GB RAM, OSX 10.8.2
Mac World Magazine is speculating that Apple will release a new ipod next. They think it will be the new "high-end" model and will feature alot of the tech from the iphone, ie touch screen and the like.

That would be nice. Something like the iPhone, but minus the phone part, plus GPS navigation. I'd be all over that.

Reaction score
3g

I would bet Apple is going to announce the 3G version for Europe and Asia real soon. While the american are still lining up for the 2.5G in US, Apple is getting ready the 3G or even 3.5G (HSPDA) for the rest of the world.
Well, i understand it is still a rumor about 3G version at this moment.
Frankly, i doubt the European will give up using the 3G network because of this so called 'High Tech' gadget and I am sure Apple is aware of the fact.
Furthermore, do you think Apple is executing this big iphone project without the involvement of the huge Japanese market?

Have fun with the EDGE, guys. I would wait for the 3G.

Mark

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac
My casual prediction:

Apple will release the next gen iPhone next summer with a movie tie-in.

(off-topic)
Ending this year, the refresed iMacs + Leo will be the headliners.

Video iPods will have one more major revision, before being absored by the 3rd gen iPhone (leaving only the shuffles and nanos as media only devices) OR iPods morph into a media-heavy/portable external drive (1oo+gb).

MBPs will see a revision (within the next two revs) to the trackpad: lefty/righty options, or built into the key surfaces using iPhone-esque tech.

Color-correct magsafes + accessories.

(back to topic)
I say just go buy the iPhone, why wait? UNLESS, the iPhone features don't have what you really need. Otherwise, happy purchase lucky dog! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Is there something I don't know? I keep hearing that people are going to wait for the next version with 3g. When is that supposed to come out? The first version hasn't come out yet but people are already making plans for the next generation? I would imagine it will be at least a year until they let out a new version of the iphone. I think the next thing on apple's plate would be to let out a new ipod.

Maybe I'm just impatient but I can't wait so I'll be buying it tomorrow if I can get one. It's expensive but I need a new phone anyway so I might as well get it.

There are some people, especially in the Mac community, who perpetually wait for "the next big thing". I can understand waiting for, say, an iMac - that line hasn't been refreshed for quite some time and is due for a revision soon. But the iPhone was released barely a week ago! If a product doesn't have the features that will satisfy you at the current time, then don't buy it. If you need or want one and if it's good enough for now, then get one!

Just look at Leopard realistically. If you want a Mac now, you'll have to wait 3 months to buy a Mac with Leopard. Then you'll have to wait another 6 months for all the bugs to get worked out and for developers to port their applications to fully utilize Leopard. So you can either get it now and be happy that everything already works, go 3 months without using a dream machine and then get a new operating system with bugs and apps that don't work quite right, or wait 9 months for everything to become peachy by which time the next revision will be in the rumor mills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
It just depends on what you want out of the device. For people who are coming from basic cell phones or people who find this feature set satisfactory, it's great for them. But for people who already use smartphones with lots of 3rd party apps they use daily, they'll be losing something in the exchange, so they wait for the next one which will have what they want or updates to include what they want. It's as simple as that.

Reaction score
My Contract with Sprint doesn't run out for another year. I would have broken that contract and gone with the 1st Gen iPhone but 3G was a deal breaker for me. ATT has a 3G network available I just wish Apple had taken advantage of it.

Earlier today, I had a chance to go to the Apple store in Plano, TX. I got my grubby hands on an iPhone and played with it for at least half an hour. Now I feel even worse that it doesn't have 3G capabilities.

One other advantage of waiting is that eventually Apple will release a REAL SDK for the iPhone and we'll start seeing some real 3rd party applications. The apps the iPhone has is wonderful but it can be SOOOO much better IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
What will 3G do that the current does not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
My current phone doesn't have 3G, and I don't even know what is so good about it. As long as I never research 3G, I'll never know what I'm missing!

Reaction score
If it weren't for AT&T I would have an iPhone by now. I will not do business with that company. Apple chose a poor carrier.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
If it weren't for AT&T I would have an iPhone by now. I will not do business with that company. Apple chose a poor carrier.

It seems like they did that in other countries, too. I've heard Europeans complaining about Apple's choice of iPhone carries over there. It looks like top-rate mobile carriers reject Apple, so they go with second-rate carriers who readily accept a chance to get popular. Verizon turned down Apple here in the states - their quality in my area (Hartford) is as good as a landline in most places, while Cingular is just kind of average. But now Cingular will get super-popular because of the iPhone - they were hungry for a really good product and sacrificed a lot by hooking up with the iPhone, but I'm sure it will pay off for them very soon if it hasn't already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15'' Macbook Pro, 17'' Intel iMac, 80gb iPod classic
Ha I think people waiting for the next iPhone are the people like me, who right now can't afford the current iPhone and are using the possibility of another version as an excuse for not buying now. :D

We figure if we can't have on now, we should make everyone else feel bad about the current iPhone by making stuff up about the next one, like "Psh. Dude, your iPhone is sooo last gen. The next version will not only be touch screen, it will be "all five senses" screen. You can smell your music dude. Pretty intense. Not only that, it can drive your car. Bet yer feeling pretty dumb now, with that little phone there."

lol

Reaction score
What will 3G do that the current does not?

3G is Faster, A LOT faster. ATT offers HSDPA which runs at about 700Kbps but can burst up to 1Mbps. However HSDPA can upgraded to run at speeds up over 14Gbps.

ATT also operates an older EDGE (2.5G) can only go up to 236Kbps. (a theoretical limit of 473Kbps)

As these phones become more media rich more bandwidth is going to become a requirement. Right now, EDGE is already obsolete. HSDPA still has room to grow. Of course, WiMAX kicks both of their butts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
The first iPhone only came out 10 days ago, It's ridiculous to start waiting for the next iPhones now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.