• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

wedding attire

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
I'm going to my cousin's wedding in August, and my Mom wants me to start thinking about what to wear for the occasion. The wedding is going to be held in Colorado (where my cousin lives), so I have to make sure that the outfit is right for the weather there. I would prefer not to wear a dress or a skirt, but I don't know if nice slacks or capris would work at a wedding.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
is it inside or outside? if outside what will the setting be? who will be attending that would be important to you? a generic answer would be a skirt or a dress, but depending on the situation i think that a pant suit would be ok.

Reaction score
I am the exec. chef at a golf club that does three to five weddings every weekend. Most of the ladies have been wearing sun-dresses lately as it has been VERY hot in Chicago.
Don't be fooled by the altitude in Colorado, it gets hot "up in them thar hills!" Take a nice button-down sweater to put on when the sun goes down...you'll thank me when you get back;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Your decision will also depend on what the wedding party requested for attire (i.e. black tie, black tie optional, etc.) If the men will be wearing tuxes you'll want to be dressed more formally as well.

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh wow, I completely forgot about altitude! Thanks for reminding me, RazzLee. I wouldn't want to get sunburned.

According to my mom, my cousin is quite flexible about colors. I know that the flower girl and her attendants are wearing candy apple red, so I want to make sure I don't clash with them.

As for whether the wedding is inside our outside, I'm not really sure. :Blushing: I know it's going to be at a resort, and we all get to stay in these fancy cabins. I will ask my mom.

Thanks for the replies. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
A wedding is a formal engagement and should require formal attire. Contrary to popular belief, this does not always mean "black tie".
The time of day that the ceremony is held also has a say in what that attire should be.
Here are some guidelines for female wedding guest attire found from a quick search:

Daytime Wedding

+ a fun floral dress
+ a skirt and a sweater set with slingback shoes.
+ a light colored suit – try to stay away from black, navy or anything that looks like you're going to the office.

Evening Wedding

+ dress as you would if you were going out to the theater or to dinner.
a cocktail dress – nothing too sexy but something fun to dance in. Black is fine.
+ a dressy suit or a cocktail suit
+ wear darker colors and look for something sophisticated
+ avoid beads or sequins unless the invitation specifically says black tie

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow, that is very interesting. Thanks for the suggestions, D3v1L80Y. :)

I saw the invitation today. It's written out as a musical score, which I found quite amusing. Here's what I found out:

1. The wedding begins at 4 in the afternoon.
2. It's going to be outdoors.
3. I noticed something on the invitation about "adding walking shoes to your festive attire." I'm not sure what that means. Any ideas?
4. The invitation also said that Colorado weather is unpredictable, so I will definitely bring a dressy sweater, sunscreen, and /or a nice hat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I saw the topic from the main page so I thought I'd open it up. I was going to say, thinking you were a dude, that you should wear a suit and a pair of chucks to wedding and dress much like Paul in the new iTunes commercial. I figured you might like that because your name was beatles something or another. I don't go anywhere without my chucks so that's pretty much how I dress. haha
hmm... walking shoes sound like a pair of chucks to me! :) The rest, I really can't say. I am actually taking a trip to some place real high up in the Rocky Mountains in a few weeks, so I can let you know how the weather is when I get back. (my gf planned the trip and I keep forgetting the name of the town)
Good luck with the planning!
Bryan

OP
Beatles4Life
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That would be hilarious. Plus then I wouldn't have to wear a dress, which would make me really happy. I actually do own a pair of navy blue chucks, so I could pull off the Paul McCartney look. :D

Yeah, that would be awesome if you could tell me what the weather is like there. Thanks so much, Bryan. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.