Can't see Airport Express

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
Hi, I've been trying to set up my AE, but Airport Assistant on my Black Macbook can't see the default signal. Apple Help people say that its because there are too many wireless networks in my area - I counted 16 that my computer can see. Is it that the AE isn't strong enough to overpower these other signals? I find that unbelievable because there is no way that I can receive all those other networks at full strength - most of them will be very weak I'm guessing.

This is my second AE unit - I exchanged it for the first unit when I thought it was faulty. Is there any way to "force" my computer too see it above the others? or is there a setting I'm missing?

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
I would try doing the initial configuration by connecting with ethernet. Then once you've set up wireless SSID (network name), see if you can connect to that name. You can also try different channels. Perhaps one of the channels has a lot of interference in your house.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
Thanks DylanG! That worked - took a bit of time to find a good channel, but now I have full strength signal.
cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.