Boot Camp Help!

Reaction score
I allocated too little memory to the Windows partion during the bootcamp set up (5GB).

My Windows XP is fully installed now, but it doesn't have enough memory to install some programs.

Is there a way to allocate more memory into the Windows partion?

Can anybody help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel Core 2 Duo iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Serial ATA, 256MB Video Ram
I need help on this please also!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
1) Use Bootcamp to restore your drive to a single partition and start over again giving Windows more space.

2) This space is not called memory.
Memory (aka RAM inside a computer) is typically used to refer to things which are used only for temporary storage.
This space on items of a more permanent type of storage, such as hard drives, is commonly referred to just as "space" or "storage space".
(FYI: There is such a thing as allocating memory inside windows related to it's virtual memory.)

3) For anyone else looking at this, it would be a very good idea if you are planning on doing anything with your Bootcamp windows partition to give it a minimum of 10GB.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.