• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Some Guy Smashes his Blackbook with a Sledgehammer!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Little does he know that his son spilled a soda on it while watching Youtube in the middle of the night. (or insert any other scenario here)

Why didn't he ask for proof? If there's a way to identify spill damage, there must be some way Apple can prove it to him. They would have to if it became a legal case, after all.

This video is about as bad at the guy who claimed he installed Vista and "absolutely nothing on his brand new computer was compatible". People just love wasting money and time.

OP
DoubleCap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
It's on Digg now. People are completely bashing him, heh. I guess the attention /sympathy he wanted didn't follow through as planned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Whoa, poor macbook. I could not bare to watch.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
let's look at this in a positive light...

apple gets money for purchase of macbook - check.
apple gets free positive advertising - check.
one less idiot using a mac - check.

seems like a win-win to me.

OP
DoubleCap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
It's on Digg now. People are completely bashing him, heh. I guess the sympathy he wanted didn't follow through as planned.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
For the person who created the video:

tissuebox4c.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
Its difficult for me to be sympathetic towards people with sledgehammers. I also didn't fully understand the logic in smashing his macbook. Perhaps he exhausted all avenues of debate on the fact of the spill or perhaps he's touched in the head. I'm leaning more towards the latter but regardless, I don't see his "demonstration" as accomplishing anything for him. But I did like the way the tools would magically "chirp" into his mits.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Its difficult for me to be sympathetic towards people with sledgehammers.

awesome. that is my new signature...

(virtual rep to you as well - need to spread it around)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
awesome. that is my new signature...

(virtual rep to you as well - need to spread it around)

I like it! I think thats going to work for you for a minute.;D You Rock Eric!!
They told me to spread that stuff around too. I tried to leave you some + for your Solstice comments a couple of hours ago and it told me to go pound sand. :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Haha, I loved how it would make noises when switching between the "tools" :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

win-win-win (for any Office fans out there) :p

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Hahahhahaa @DB! :D

I don't care if it was a Mac, IBM Thinkpad, Compaq, HP, Dell, Gateway or Sony, that was STUPID and childish to break an almost new, expensive machine like that. If he would have tried a bit harder and he DID NOT spill liquid into the machine, I am sure it would have been fixed and for free. His Temper lost him quite a bit of $$$. What a total waste of $$$.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Well I thought the MacBook stould up well to a sledge hammer (Bet he took the 1gig of ram out first:Evil: )

His name was Michael right well he would be renamed Richard (**** for short) Head in OZ.

Goes to show, more money equals less brains;D

OP
DoubleCap
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD
He did take out the necessary components... things he could sell. That included the hard drive, the RAM, and he said he tried to take the screen out (but broke it while in the process). He left the superdrive and the mainboard in the laptop.

Doesn't make much sense. All he did was smash the casing and board, big deal. If he really wanted to show Apple, he'd do the whole thing. But, if I was a nutcase like him, I'd probably do the same by taking out the valuable parts.

T

todd51

win-win-win (for any Office fans out there) :p

Hahaha, I love that episode!

I smashed my xbox with a sledgehammer one time. It was my 2nd one that just refused to turn on after doing nothing. I went to college, came back at christmas break wanting to play a game I just bought and it hadn't been touched by anyone since I don't have any siblings and my parents just left it in the cabinet. I was pretty mad but I didn't have warranty and Gamestop wouldn't buy it from me, so I just had fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP

haha, i totally gotta agree with that, but i did kinda cringe when he first hit it.:|

Reaction score
Wow I bet he did that just for the attention. What a waste of a machine, but good points by eric!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.