Interacting with unwanted users on my network.

Reaction score
Hey guys. I got a neighbor that's mooching my wifi bandwith. I don't like setting up security on the network because I have three macs in the house and they run so nicely together with no security. I just want to be able to like pop on that ****ers computer and say "get off, now" and then boot his ***. How would I do something like that. I've had it happen to me before while trying to use a random wifi network in the middle a city, so I know it can be done. Hope yall can help. James

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Hey guys. I got a neighbor that's mooching my wifi bandwith. I don't like setting up security on the network because I have three macs in the house and they run so nicely together with no security. I just want to be able to like pop on that ****ers computer and say "get off, now" and then boot his ***. How would I do something like that. I've had it happen to me before while trying to use a random wifi network in the middle a city, so I know it can be done. Hope yall can help. James

1. What you're talking about --hacking into someone else's computer--is illegal.

2. Wireless security is really, really easy. Click a box, enter your password, done. We can help you with that if necessary; just ask.

James, to put it as nicely as I can...I have a very low opinion of your intelligence based on your post. Your wireless network is broadcasting your connection in the open, you're too lazy to stop it, and you want to do something illegal to the people who are helping themselves to the bandwidth you're practically giving away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Get security....I have 2 computers running at home no probs off one modem wireless. I can see others nearby and they can see mine but not access it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5ghz Penryn MBP, 4 Gb Ram, 512mb 8600M GT, 250gb HDD & Black 30gb iPod, Black 16gb iPhone 3G
yep definately put some security on
theres 2 computers running wirelessly in my place, one windows laptop and my MBP.
i have MAC filtering and WPA-PSK security set-up, both computers have password entered in so dont even have to do anything to get em going on startup,
they just join network and they are off.
cant even tell theres security and no net-theft going on.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.