Pricing

Reaction score
Do you think there's a chance that the price of the iMacs could rise when they are redesigned?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Apple generally only bumps the price up if they add a completely new model, and even then it is rare. If anything, they will drop the price of the current models, or maintain the current pricing, if a new top end model is introduced.

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
Apple generally only bumps the price up if they add a completely new model, and even then it is rare. If anything, they will drop the price of the current models, or maintain the current pricing, if a new top end model is introduced.

Interesting. Well, you would know more than I would.
Also, do you think that it would include an EXTERNAL TOWER RATHER THAN A BUILT-IN HARD DRIVE!? *gasp*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Considering the fact that the iMac has always been an all in one design, I would doubt that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
Interesting. Well, you would know more than I would.
Also, do you think that it would include an EXTERNAL TOWER RATHER THAN A BUILT-IN HARD DRIVE!? *gasp*

I think one of the draws to the imac is that is it essentially an all in one computing solution. Basically it's simple setup. Plug keyboard in, plug mouse in, plug computer in....GO!

versus...plug keyboard in, plug mouse in, plug monitor power in, plug montiro to cpu, plug cpu power in, plug speakers in, plug mic in, plug camera in...and on and on.

If, and when they do release a new iMac, if you can wait about 3 months before purchasing, and you want to save a couple hundred to several hundred dollars watch the apple refurb site. Same machine, same warranty options, less money.

Best,

Brian

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
Considering the fact that the iMac has always been an all in one design, I would doubt that.

Good.
Man, I really hope the new iMac doesn't come alongside Leopard. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I hope the mid-July prediction holds up.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Good.
Man, I really hope the new iMac doesn't come alongside Leopard. I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!!! I hope the mid-July prediction holds up.

the mid-June prediction didn't. Or the May one, or the April one, or the March one...

There are predictions about when the iMac will be redesigned every month, but they're hardly ever true. I bought mine in April knowing full well that it would be redesigned soon, and I haven't, and won't regret it. There's nothing wrong with the current machines.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.