• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

I already apologize

Reaction score
I know this is a stupid thread, and you guys will be wasting valuable time reading it, but i am in terrible need for a macbook by the time leopard is out, any tips on raising money to get one? I already expect a ton of sarcastic remarks like "sell your body," but i'm bored and thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

-Sam

P.S. I apologize again for wasting your time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP - 2.66Ghz Core 2 duo, 4GB Ram, 320GB HDD, Geforce 9400m + 9600M GT (256mb)
Please note you should be appologising to the "unit" :)

sorry for this useless post, some people on the forum should understand it though :p

~~ TS ~~

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Get a job springs to mind. LOLOLOL Hang on .... why am I laughing. Its good advice. straight.:Oops:

I've already wasted too much time......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's a good point. Getting a job would be a good way to earn the money by the time October rolls around.

Say you start July 1, you're looking at somewhere between 14-18 weeks before Leopard is released. Hypothetically, if you're earning $90 a week after taxes, you'll make between $1260 and $1620. Work a little more and you'll definitely have plenty of money for a Macbook

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Please note you should be appologising to the "unit" :)

sorry for this useless post, some people on the forum should understand it though :p

~~ TS ~~

Good Point TS! :D

I agree with the others, get some kind of job and save up all you can. Fix computers for friends. Mow lawns. Deliver papers. Whatever it takes!

Reaction score
You might try Ebay. Sometimes you can find Hotwheels and other collectibles at places like Wal-mart or Target that are hard to get or not even sold in other areas of the country. You might be able to make a little profit that way. Read the Ebay and paypal seller guides and read them well you can get screwed if you are not careful. Other than that, you sound kind of young, a job at a fast food place will make you sure that you want to go to college. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I already expect a ton of sarcastic remarks like "sell your body,"

Well, you're not too far off. I don't know how old you are, maybe not old enough for this, but an easy way I made a buck in college was to sell my blood plasma! I did it 2 times a week, about an hour and a half each time, and made $50 a week to sit and read my textbooks. The only down side is a big ol' needle, but if you don't mind them, it's great. Always took care of my beer money needs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Use your nuggent and your skills. Can you do photography, graphic design, mow lawns, wash cars, prositute yourself, or any thing else that's currently a hobby that can be turned into profit?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Apparently you still are not acquainted with the magic money fairy that the rest of us are good friends with. That's how we all financed our Macs, didn't you know?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
I hear that fishing on Alaskan Crab boats has huge payouts in a short amount of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I took a summer job, worked 4 days a week and tried not to spend it on too much rubbish to buy my first Macbook.

Also look into refurbs or educational discounts if you qualify - it'll help save you a few bucks.

If you've got anything of value that you don't really need/use anymore, stick that on eBay. It might seem like small amounts, but it'll add up sooner than you think.

If you're good with computer or the likes, ask around to see who needs help with theirs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
The best option by far is getting a job. If you already have one, then get a second one.
The etching advertisements is most definitely not a good idea, for several reasons, two of which are the most obvious to me. First off, its been done before. Not only has it been done before, but it was heavily publicized, therefore it isn't as likely to work multiple times. Secondly, you end up with a machine that has lost its simple beauty and is nothing more than a walking billboard. Third, in the time it would take to gather those sponsors (possibly sooner than that) you could have been working and earned the money on your own by working at a job.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
donate blood platelets. if you do it twice a week you can usually get 20 bucks for the first visit and 30-40 the second visit. so that is a good 50 bucks a week assuming your 'book is going to cost 2500 bucks that will only take you 50 weeks to save up enough money!!!! but that apparently does not keep you within the time frame you want to get this 'book by.

so i vote: get a job!
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.