internet problem

Dyf

Reaction score
Wasn't quite sure where to post this but i hope someone can help me.

I have recently bought a second hand g5 (not intel). fo connecting to the internet i'm using the same external broadband modem as my old mac but am having a bit of trouble with it.

After i connect to the internet sometimes the internet remains active for an hour sometimes i seem to lose the connection afte a few minutes or longer.

In the top menu bar the connection is displayed as active but web pages dont load up.

When i go to disconnect the internet it will not appear to be discconected untill i click disconnect several times. And after it eventually disconnects i can't reconnect without disconnecting the usb modem from the back of the computer and reconnecting it.

Then the same will happen again, the connection will remain active for anything from a few minutes to an hour or so and then seem to disconnect.

This is slightly long winded sorry, but it is a slightly annoying problem any sugesstions would be much appreciated. The internet connection is through tiscali if that helps.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Have you tried it out with your old Mac since you bought your new one? It could be a coincidence that it breaks at the same time...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.