• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Halo 3 Beta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Well now that the beta is over I'm interested in what everyone thought of it. Obviously you cant really judge what the game is going to be like solely based on the beta, but did it live up to your expectations?

I know quite a few people that were disappointed by the lack of new weapons but personally I enjoyed how they brought back old weapons and did not tamper with the inter-phase and game-play. My only criticism is that the voice no longer tells you when there is a lead change.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
i didn't even know there was a beta! i so would have participated, lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Halo 3? Is this for the Mac or the PC or the X-Box?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
xBox 360, it was available to those that bought Crackdown. I bought Crackdown, its a pretty sweet game, but I didn't bother to download the beta.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I played it the first night it was available to Crackdown owners and then a couple times after that.

I really like the new maps. The graphics are absolutely beautiful, which is saying quite a lot seeing as how they'll be updated before release. I like how we now have a third grenade option along with old guns making a comeback.

My initial reaction to the controls wasn't a very positive one. I kept messing up because I was using Halo 2 controls, so I would throw grenades instead of jumping, which was a pain in the butt. But after a while I got used to it and it felt natural. So there's a bit more of a learning curve with this version compared to Halo 2. Another quip is that you can only hold 2 grenades of each type. I know, overall you have 2 more than before, but I would still like to hold 4 plasma grenades. Speaking of plasma grenades, I liked their look in Halo 1 and 2, they don't look as cool in Halo 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dont currently own a mac unfortunatly
Its for 360 only, to be able to play you had to buy special edition crackdown copies or somehow be invited, anyone know if halo 3 gonna port to PC or Mac or just stick solely to 360????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I played it, I enjoyed it.. I'm a long-time Halo fan, so naturally it's already on pre-order.

The graphics are very nice.. I liek a lot of the new weapons/devices you can get.. I am seemingly better at H3 compared to the rest when it comes to online play.. I just can't wait to see what the AI are going to be like when they release it.

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
I was also kind of disappointed when they deleted everyones saved games and stats (online). I had about a half dozen amazing games that I wish I could watch again.

Personally I thought the plasma grenades look cooler however, I could never seem to find them on the maps so I rarely ever got a change to use them. It seems that they just put frags and brute grenades everywhere...

Oh..By the way how high of a rank to everyone get up to before it ended?
I think I was Sgt. class 2 and level 19.

Reaction score
I was too busy playing Crackdown to deal with the beta, I didn't realize the window was so short for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i bought crackdown, but never bothered with the beta

Reaction score
I got it from a friends and family invite, although I own Crackdown also.

I loved it, but I was gone on vacation most of the time it was active, so I didn't get to play it much. The new weapons, and the new deployable items are great.

Reaction score
Crackdown is really a pretty solid fun game, its too bad some people only bought it for the beta.

OP
FishinFool
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5
Crackdown is really a pretty solid fun game, its too bad some people only bought it for the beta.

Really...I feel bad for the people who bought it (and have Live) and didn't play the beta...Crackdowns great but it will never live up to the beta

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Depends on your taste in games. I bought Crackdown for Crackdown, I could care less for the Halo 3 beta. If I want to play a FPS game, I'll use a computer with a keyboard and mouse, so I can play accurately, not a console with a gamepad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.