PDA

View Full Version : So is that it?

ChefEspeff
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Is that all that is going to be announced this week. I guess that's good and bad. If that's it I'm getting 20" iMac tomorrow.

AK47
06-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Wait until its finished.

AK47
06-11-2007, 08:53 PM
And buy the 24", it's cooler.

ChefEspeff
06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
lol If I had the money for a 24" I'd get one.

ChefEspeff
06-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Wait until its finished.

Where else would they announce something huge if not at the keynote?

Kash
06-11-2007, 11:34 PM
An iMac update doesn't necessarily have to be huge, especially if it's just a speed bump.

Though I agree, you should wait until WWDC is over. You never know what might happen ;)

PowerBookG4
06-12-2007, 12:05 AM
i'd buy tomorrow, all the rest of wwdc is just developers learning new things.

DavisCollins
06-12-2007, 12:20 AM
The only thing I am disappointed about is that there were no new Cinema Displays. I have really been wanting them to update them with iSight and I really hate to buy one with out it. It doesn't really matter, because I don't have to money anyway.

I can dream right? I guess it just looks like a new Airport Extreme for my birthday next week. :]

D3v1L80Y
06-12-2007, 12:38 AM
I think what many people don't understand is the the WWDC (World Wide Developer's Conference) is centered mainly around software development. There doesn't have to be any sort of update to any hardware items during the conference. Yes, in the past there have been, but that doesn't make it a guarantee that it will happen.
This is also a good example of why the waiting game isn't always the best course of action to take if you are looking to get a new Mac.

If you are interested in hardware, then if you are within 2 weeks or so of the MacWorld Expo, then maybe hanging on a little while would be prudent.

If you are interested in software and are a week or two away from the WWDC, then it would be practical to wait.

Any other time of the year it wouldn't make much sense to wait unless you need to wait due to monetary issues.

yogi
06-12-2007, 04:46 AM
I agree with Devliboy, and for all those countering with the fact that at wwdc2006 they launched the Xeon Mac Pro, well that was obviously because developers are the prime target market for such high-end machines. They're not going to try selling Mac Mini's to a Mathematica Developer.