Help me, major error with new MBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
So I installed BootCamp and it burned me the drivers CD. Installed Windows XP (non Service Pack 2, but I had a SP2 CD so I THOUGHT that would be OK)

But now it just boots into Windows XP instantly. How do I go back to OS X?

Also, when I try to install SP 2 it says there is not enough hard drive room (4MB neccessary) in some C:\Windows\ folder to install it, so it fails and I can't install the SP2. When I run the Drivers CD it says:

"This package requires a newer version of the Windows Installer. Do you want to update the version of the Windows Installer on your system?"

I click Yes.

"The required resource 'UPDATE' is missing."

:(

What should I do?

OP
jhartford6
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT
Meh, Restored Mac to single partition. I guess I just solved my own problem. I'll go get an SP2 install CD.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Glad you fixed it...I did read that it had to be XP SP2 somewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch MacBook Pro, 2.33GHz Core2 Duo, 2Gb RAM, ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 256Mb
Another solution (and quicker) is to download a program called "nLite". Basically, you copy the XP cd to your hdd, then run nLite and you can add SP2 to your original XP. You can also configure all sorts of handy options and make the installation unattended by adding your serial, username, passwords and time zone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.