imac wireless keyboard and xp

Reaction score
Is anybody running bootcamp/xp on their imac using a wireless keyboard & mouse... i'm wondering if that's my problem with no control when i boot up xp... i need to have a usb connected keyboard...

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think mine works until Windows is completely booted up, so if you have to enter a password to open the desktop, you'll have trouble.

I don't know if Windows will halt the bootup if a keyboard isn't detected like it does on normal Win PCs.

If you don't get an answer here, try posting in the iMAc/Mac mini subforum. I'm sure plenty of iMac users have run into this. Have you tried a forum search?

Reaction score
Same Problem

I have the exact same problem...where everything works fine until I install the mac drivers and then when I reach the "finish" portion, the keyboard and mouse no longer respond. Any advice would be very helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I installed Vista recently and was surprised to find the wireless keyboard and mouse worked straight away. Once I installed the drivers, they no longer worked! I just had to use my MBP keyboard and trackpad (wired keyboard and mouse for you) to do the bluetooth setup manually and then it worked fine again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.