External Monitor and Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro Unibody 2.66 Ghz and Powerbook G4 1.67 GHz 2.0GB RAM
I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard and i have an external monitor attached to my powerbook with the lid closed. I want to be able to do is dim the external display from the keyboard. I have tried F14,F15,F16, and all other F keys with command for all of them as well.

I can't find any really conclusive articles online about how to accomplish this with the wireless keyboard and powerbook. Can someone point me in the right direction. I also tried keyboard Maestro, and couldn't get that to work either. Let me know if you have any insight on Maestro, or and online article showing how to acconplish this.

Thanks,

James

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Has no one had this issue? Is this a specifically powerbook problem? Should i try the Powerbook section instead?

Thanks,

James

OP
jdgti
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Has no one had this issue? Is this a specifically powerbook problem? Should i try the Powerbook section instead?

Thanks,

James

I really wanted this to work. Sadly I have given up. None currently available online tools will allow me to dim the screen using an external bluetooth apple keyboard.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It would depend on the external screen: I know you can dim apple's displays with the keyboard shortcuts, but if it's a 3rd party display, it can't be controlled via the software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PB G4 1.67GHz DL
I have the apple bluetooth wireless keyboard and i have an external monitor attached to my powerbook with the lid closed. I want to be able to do is dim the external display from the keyboard. I have tried F14,F15,F16, and all other F keys with command for all of them as well.

I can't find any really conclusive articles online about how to accomplish this with the wireless keyboard and powerbook. Can someone point me in the right direction. I also tried keyboard Maestro, and couldn't get that to work either. Let me know if you have any insight on Maestro, or and online article showing how to acconplish this.

Thanks,

James

What's the display? I have a 20" ACD hooked to my PB and I can adjust the screen brightness with F14 and F15 on my BT keyboard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.