• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How come Motorola's all the rage in the US?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17", Intel Core Duo
Seems like every American on this boars has a Moto Razr thingie phone. I remember looking at some stats, and it's like the freaking twilight zone, Nokia's in third place, and Sony Ericsson barely has any market share at all. If I look up the stats here, Motorola will have about the same market share as the Nokia N95

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini w/ 2.33GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM
Meh. Razr is lame because of the lack of battery life. My buddy's is almost always dead. My LG is fantastic...the speaker isn't that loud at max volume, but it does well for what I need it to do...without having bad music downloaded into it ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
My RAZR just died. Literally :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
My LG rocks!! No sync for the ole' Mac though:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
I hate Motorola, every phone of theirs I have had a problem with. And after this one I have now, I am never buying another phone from them again. People like them because they're thin and "cool" kind of like Hummers, but in the complete opposite way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
The problem is in the fact that Nokia doesn't make the same phones that are available in Europe that are compatible with the different carriers here in the US. While I used to be the biggest fan for Nokia back in Egypt coz they always had the hottest phones (they still do in my opinion) here I was in total confusion as I couldn't find similar phones that were back in Egypt (Mind u a Third World Country) here. Its all about the Compatibility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Seems like every American on this boars has a Moto Razr thingie phone. I remember looking at some stats, and it's like the freaking twilight zone, Nokia's in third place, and Sony Ericsson barely has any market share at all. If I look up the stats here, Motorola will have about the same market share as the Nokia N95

Because Americans only get the crappy phones. All the cool ones go to over seas countries. I have a razr and got it because it was free. It's an ok phone, but there's not much else to choose from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I had a Nokia 6265i and it was alright. Wasn't as good as my LG:p

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
The RAZR V3M is my first Motorola phone. It's several orders of magnitude better than the only Nokia candybar phone I had on AT&T and a little better than my previous Verizon phone (Samsung). Call quality is superb, as is the speakerphone and voice recognition. The only thing I dislike about it is the Verizon software, which completely cripples the Bluetooth. Fortunately, the V3M has a Transflash slot, so I can actually get my pictures off the phone without paying for it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's called MotoHacking ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I really don't like Motorola. Their software is garbage and battery life is just abysmal. I remember the first time I held a RAZR, I felt as though the number pad felt like aluminum foil. It just felt so cheap and flimsy (granted, they improved this soon after, but it still feels flimsy).

I really like Sony Ericsson phones. I just wish they had all the amazing models here in the U.S. that they have worldwide. Right now I have the Cingular 8125 (aka HTC Wizard) and it's just an amazing little device. I know that if I were to break or lose it, I would go out and get the exact same phone (or perhaps the newer 8525).

Nokia has some really cool phones in their lineup, but U.S. carriers don't offer them, which is a total shame. Though it's weird because before the RAZR came to market, Nokia's were all the rage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think since motorola started the HELLOMOTO thing, and released the RAZR, everything is settled. Now, the RAZR2 is coming out and that will get even more attention :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
That's just sad as the vast majority of people out there don't realize how amazing cell phone technology is because they're stuck with the trash that the carriers sell.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I originally had an Ericsson, which was okay. The Kyocera I got after that had awesome battery life. Currently have a Samsung, and only got it because I could record my own sounds to use as ringer, which none of the others (at least at that store) could do!

A friend of mine filled my ear about motorola, so I barely consider them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
My last phone was a Kyocera and it was way ahead of it's time. Just got the Razr vm3 a few months ago and it's okay but not in the running with the Kyocera.

Exceptions are the sound, that thing is LOUD and I love that. The thin line makes it pretty easy to drop which I haven't yet (knock on wood!).

Probably my next phone WON'T be a Moto just cuz I think there are better one's out there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
This is the reason I will NEVER own a non-PDA phone again.

Reaction score
I don't like most Motorola phones, but I've had the RIZR for about 6 months now and it has been great. Reception is always full bars and software seems improved from various RAZRs that I've used/seen.

I just wish the US would get phones I saw in Korea. They're about 2 years ahead as far as technology goes. They have phones w/ a 7mp camera and can get satellite feeds of shows you can watch. Seems everyone else, but the US gets the new technology. I know some of it has to do with localization, but it still sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
I am on my second Motorola, and i agree they are crap. I am currently looking into either Sony Ericsson, or Samsung..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Soon enough Apple will be all the rage in the USA :p

HELLOAPPLE :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I got the SLVR mainly because it was nice and small, very thin, and had the little iTunes player on it. Like iRye said, Motorola hacks are great. I immediately ditched the included iTunes program for the unlimited songs hacked version and replaced the 512KB TF card with a 2GB. The iTunes program isn't the best, but it's the best phone/music solution I've been able to get in such a compact piece of hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.