linksys router

Reaction score
I just purchased a linksys wireless G router and of course it came with windows cd. I figured I would connect all the hardware, power it up and restet the cable modem and see what happened. I changed my network location to automatic and got the airport connection setup. I'm happy to announce that I am typing this post wirelessly from my screened in patio as a cool breeze blows. This is a lot better than being cooped up in a hot room inside the house with nothing interesting happening.

I do have one question though, I am running on an unprotected setup. Does anyone know how to go about setting up a protected connection? Thanks.

Reaction score
You do not need the CD to setup the Linksys router. In your browser put in the address 192.168.1.1 and you should be prompted for user name and password. The username part leave blank, the default password is admin. That should take you to the settings screens. From there you can set your wireless to be secure, and don't forget to change your router password.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.