• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Dude where is RIDE?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hello all...

I was just wondering our favorite Convicted Escaped Felon :D has disappeared for so long, last log in was May 23rd!

Anyone knows if everything's ok with him?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I PM'ed him this morning, hoping that he set his account to send him an email when he receives a PM. I've heard nothing. I didn't see anything in his recent posts to indicate anything was wrong. :(

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yeah I hear ya mathogre, I was thinking the same thing. We've seen quite a few regulars leave and I was thinking he took the High Road... I hope not he was a cool cat :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I thought maybe he went out for the long weekend but that's already past. I hope everything is okay and he just took a long vacation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're right about that. He *is* a cool cat. He's probably one of the most easy tempered members. I like him. He's a Good Guy.

Frankly I'd rather know he's been absent for some squabble on the forums. I'm concerned over the possibility of something worse in his personal life.

Ah, he probably took off on a vacation and simply forgot to say anything about it. Maybe he thought no one would notice his absence. Let's hope!

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're right about that. He *is* a cool cat. He's probably one of the most easy tempered members. I like him. He's a Good Guy.

Frankly I'd rather know he's been absent for some squabble on the forums. I'm concerned over the possibility of something worse in his personal life.

Ah, he probably took off on a vacation and simply forgot to say anything about it. Maybe he thought no one would notice his absence. Let's hope!

I agree with every single word. EXCEPT that part of no one would notice his absence. but I really hope he is somewhere on long Vacation with the family and that it isn't anything serious.

Come to think of it Steve is been gone for a few days as well!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
I miss him! He's so valuable to our community!!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i usually don't worry if it's been less than a couple weeks.

i do hope everything is ok with him, but i'm not too concerned yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I wondered how long it would take before the "where's RIDE" thread began! ;D

But seriously, I hope everything is alright. :Oops:

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i usually don't worry if it's been less than a couple weeks.

i do hope everything is ok with him, but i'm not too concerned yet.

Well, I guess by the end of next week we should send out a Search Party ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
He knows how we are about this. We've been through it before with others.

He's gotta show up soon! Come on RIDE, let us know you're okay. :)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Interesting as this morning I was wondering where he has gone and almost posted a question like this. Hope he is ok and does return to Mac Forums. Outstanding member.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey, eric, let us know when to start worrying! ;)

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hasn't it been over 2 weeks now.

Do u think he just abandoned Ship?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I see a few options.. he has kids and a wife so maybe he is just busy with life.. another option could be that he is on vacation.. option three, he was friends with toddG, he left maybe RIDE left also..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.16ghz, 1gb Ram, 120gb Hdd|iBook- 800mhz, 512Ram, 30gb HDD
Wow, it's fantastic to be a part of a community where people actually care about one another, I've never been part of a community like that before!

Shame I never had a chance to speak to this "RIDE" is there any news yet?

I am proud to be a member of these forums

OP
MinaMACMan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I see a few options.. he has kids and a wife so maybe he is just busy with life.. another option could be that he is on vacation.. option three, he was friends with toddG, he left maybe RIDE left also..

Options 1 & 2 are a heck of a lot better that Option 3. I really hope he didn't just pick up and go. Even if he was planning to, I'd expect him to say at least that he way leaving don't u think!

Anyways, whichever it is I really that all is well with him.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried contacting him over the weekend w/ no response. (He gets email responses when PMed.) Yes he could be on a vacation with his family, or he could have gotten busy with life, or he could have left because of a couple folks who have stopped visiting.

RIDE and I PMed a couple times in the past, and while I wouldn't claim to know him well, he's as positive a person as anyone has ever seen of him in public. Maybe there's nothing wrong - and if there isn't, he'll get a message or two from folks around here :Mischievous: for staying away beyond a reasonable worry time - but it just doesn't seem right or good to me.

He now has access to my email address and phone numbers (home and cell). I've heard nothing.

To Hellerphant, well we're not perfect here, but it's one of the best forums I've seen, and it has lots of good people. RIDE's one of the best people at M-F, and I suspect he'd be a very good person to meet face-to-face.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
This must be the answer. I remembered him talking about a backpacking trip, but I didn't remember the timing.

But he shoulda said "bye" to us! :Not-Amused:

Oh well, maybe I'll say a little prayer that he and his wife stay safe in the hills.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VirtRep to you iKitten!!!! (Can't give you real rep at the moment.) Thank you thank you thank you.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

That's it. I remember when he originally posted, but only the REI part, not the camping specifics.

Okay I'll stop worrying.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.