finidng shared printer

Reaction score
Hi i connect wireless to my router with my mac, and also with my pc. the pc is hooked to a R1800 printer which is shared. how do i find this printer on my mac to print wirelessly?

any tips would be highly appreciated, am having a hard timne to get everything to work well with my new mac.

Marco

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP 2.4 Ghz C2D, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, 320 GB Time Machine HDD, 1 TB Ext Media Drive
First you need to make sure that Printer sharing is turned on with the windows machine. Next, go to your sharing preferences on your mac, and make sure that you have turned on both printer sharing and windows sharing. After that, just go to the Printers preference pane in system preferences, and see if your windows printer is listed in that box. If it's not, click the top where it says IP Printer, then click the button at the bottom that says "More Printers", then choose the correct windows workgroup for your network and browse for the printer there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.