• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Nice knowing you all...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I hope all was fun and games...
I saw a lot of double standards as far as Forum Rules go, and I decided that it is not worth my time.
A woman who speaks up, I guess rubs many people the wrong way.
:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
you are leaving us? you were so good to have around!

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I hope you change your mind as you are a very nice person. I for one will miss you here at Mac Forums!!!!!

...Dennis

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hi johntalin I would be very curious as to what those double standards are/were and any other info you might be able to give me. Please PM me with any info if you are still around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Heck, this even makes ME sad......:(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I saw a lot of double standards as far as Forum Rules go, and I decided that it is not worth my time.

Hey don't go, just learn to Duck and Weave and take your points of view to the limit.
I know the Moddies here are a bit stand offish and come only come down off their pedistal now and again even if it's only to go to the bath room:Mischievous:

Stick with it, don't let them get to ya:Shouting:

M

MacHeadCase

Talin, don't go, you are one of the cool ones! :(

PM me if you feel like it.

And report to staff what is troubling you, they can't see everything, too many members, too many posts.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Johntalin, I've enjoyed your company here - I'd hate to see you leave.

I know sometimes it's easy to get carried away or take a comment (or comments) the wrong way without the benefit of actually hearing the person speak. Having been a regular on a number of different forums for quite a while, I've learned to develop a thick skin. I find that sometimes it helps to step away for a few days, to get a fresh perspective.

Anyway, I do hope you continue to visit, but if not, it's been nice having you here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Johntalin, please reconsider. We women on this forum need each other and so far we've been able to have a voice here unlike some other forums. This has been commented on more than once.

If it was a few isolated cases directed your way, consider the source. As you know, there are a great variety of folks on any forum.

Hope you'll give it a little longer. You're presence would be missed. Please think it over...;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
you're only letting them succeed by leaving. please dont go just yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
Talin, I understand and respect the feeling of something not being worth your time! If it doesn't work for you, it doesn't. I'm glad you're saying "goodbye" as opposed to just disappearing! You've been helpful and funny, and you'll be missed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Talin, I really don't know what to say. I've been trying to write a response for some time, but only four words remain: Come back, don't leave.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
I'll have to admit Talin, u will be missed and it is very sad to see u go.

But on the other hand I know where u coming from. You might want to take a break for a few days and come back, don't let the few bad, apples ruin it for everyone.

I really hope u reconsider and come back, but if u choose not to, I for one respect ur opinion and wish u well :)

Reaction score

Anyone who speaks up rubs ppl the wrong way. Or I should say anyone with the contradictory opinion from the masses.

Then again, this forum has some of (one of) the most sensative mods of any board Ive ever been to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Hi Talin, I hope that you will PM me so that we can get to the bottom of this. If there are problems with certain moderators then we need to know about it and rectify the problem. I've talked to most of the moderators and we do not know what you are talking about. Like it has been mentioned there is a lot that goes on and we can't catch everything, we're just here to enforce rules and make sure people enjoy their time here, and most of the time that is just staying in the background and not interrupting anything. Since we're not sure what incidents you are talking about, we can't really take action.

So please let us know! Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 15 inch 1.5 GHz, iMac
Please, don't leave. You're such a good member. If you decide not to come back, we'll miss you. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8

See you tomorrow!

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

I would be very interested in knowing what the double standards are. Please PM me with any details.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.