• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New apple store

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" ibook g4, 1.42ghz. 512mb ram, 60gb hdd
I went to the states today to buy some clothes and of course visit the apple store! Well when I got there I was dissapointed becuase the windows were all covered with black! But tehre was a sign saying it will re open on june 2. On the sign the reason they said it was clsoed was because they were totally redesigning the place and it will now be the apple 2.0 store! I can't wait to see what teh new stores are like!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I went to the states today to buy some clothes and of course visit the apple store! Well when I got there I was dissapointed becuase the windows were all covered with black! But tehre was a sign saying it will re open on june 2. On the sign the reason they said it was clsoed was because they were totally redesigning the place and it will now be the apple 2.0 store! I can't wait to see what teh new stores are like!

2.0?

They'll have just 4 Ipods and a Macbook, all of which will be reflected off the floor.

OP
Glenners
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0?

They'll have just 4 Ipods and a Macbook, all of which will be reflected off the floor.
What? The sign said apple store 2.0 . Why would the stores only have 4 ipods and a macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
I know that there is going to be an Apple Store in the addition to the Lehigh Valley Mall, which is our local mall. Do you think it will be "2.0"? As far as I know there is no projected opening date for this store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
They closed the Apple Store at the Mall at Millenia in Orlando for about a month recently to remodel. Basically, they covered the walls in aluminum panels and took out the dedicated checkout counters. Now, the staff wanders the store with portable POS devices (which ironically run Windows Mobile) and can check you out anywhere in the store. There's usually one position at the Genius Bar that is dedicated to checkout.

That's about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Now, the staff wanders the store with portable POS devices (which ironically run Windows Mobile)

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (sorry)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
What? The sign said apple store 2.0 . Why would the stores only have 4 ipods and a macbook?

It's a joke.

They're making (an obviously oblique) reference to 'web 2.0', which is supposedly a new philosophy that says amongst other things that websites should have minimal and very clean content.

One of the things a lot of 'web 2.0' sites seem to have is reflections.

http://www.bittbox.com/category/news/

OP
Glenners
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ahh I gotcha haha, I was pretty tired last night. Pretty ironic that they use windows mobile, they should all use newtons!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
Ahh I gotcha haha, I was pretty tired last night. Pretty ironic that they use windows mobile, they should all use newtons!

i dont really see it as ironic. WM is pretty much the best all around solution for stuff like that currently. Apple is a business after all.

Now what i want to know is why arent they using their portable iphone OS?

:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.