Weird Ethernet problem

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Hope someone will be able to help me!

I got a MacBook Pro and have (until now) never had any problems. However, just today, it has stopped wanting to connect to the Internet or Mail or anything for that matter, using my Ethernet connection.

I've gone through the Ethernet and Firewall settings and everything seems to be the way it's supposed to be. The Network Assistant and the "test" thing in there shows I've got a connection to the outside world. However, the last two tests (Internet and Server) fails, as it cannot locate the webaddress.

Something seems to be blocking it, apparently. I'm basically just plugging it in through a LAN-connection and I have no access rights to routers or anything.

What's weird is, that if I boot up (like I have now) in Windows XP on this machine, no trouble. The Internet works like a charm.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

Thank you in advance,
Stenger

PS. If I don't respond immediately or before the end of the weekend, it's not because I don't care. Just those pesky family obligations...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.