View Full Version : Apple II

05-17-2007, 05:27 PM
hey all,
I'm doing a report for school on the introduction of the Apple II, and how it changed the world. I'm supposed to retell the event like i was there, and write an essay on the impact and causes of the event. does anyone know a lot about this topic or have any good links i could use to get information?
any help would be appreciated. :Smirk:

Nagger Pumper
05-17-2007, 06:26 PM
Wikipedia is a good place to get a general idea of your topic. I would not trust it 100% because anyone can write the article .

05-17-2007, 09:02 PM
You might wish to check out Steve Wozniak's book iWoz. It spends a LOT of time on the Apple ][ and its impact.

It really was quite revolutionary - the world's first true personal computer, the first to use a monitor, the first to use a keyboard, the first diskette drives (Woz invented them), the first ... The Apple ][ truly revolutionized the then hobby field of personal computers.

05-17-2007, 09:05 PM
I found this:

Apple is not in top 10:

05-19-2007, 07:53 AM
thanks so much guys...im going to write my report today and i couldnt have done it without u!
mac57, i went out and purchased that iWoz bok...interesting find! i needed 3 book sources so it really helped!

05-19-2007, 08:30 AM
Another good book to read, though nearly impossible to find since it's probably about 20 years old, is "Accidental Millionaire" by Lee Butcher. I'll warn you that this is definitely an I-hate-Steve-Jobs book but it does shed some insight into the early relationship between Jobs and Woz and how the combination of their skills and drive really changed the world with the Apple ][.

Personally, I'm a big fan of Steve Jobs but occasionally it's good to take a look from a different perspective. It's very clear from the beginning that Lee Butcher does not like Jobs at all.

Good luck with the paper. You picked an excellent topic!

05-19-2007, 01:02 PM
narf1899, glad I could help. You won't find the book to be high literature, but it really is an interesting read.

I posted a review of the book earlier this year. See this thread:

Despite its limitations, it is a great read, and I think you will enjoy it.