Bootcamp & Windows Slip CD - Help Please!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
Rightio,

Got my partition sorted and i've got a slipstreamed XP disc my friends given me but when i insert it and try and get it to install it keeps asking me to insert the disc.

Now i'm not sure if its a genuine disc or not, guessing with a slipstreamed disc its maybe not, has anyone got any experience with the Windows CDs accepted? Thanks in advance guys :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
Rightio,

Got my partition sorted and i've got a slipstreamed XP disc my friends given me but when i insert it and try and get it to install it keeps asking me to insert the disc.

Now i'm not sure if its a genuine disc or not, guessing with a slipstreamed disc its maybe not, has anyone got any experience with the Windows CDs accepted? Thanks in advance guys :)

Yeah, I did it last week. It's a pain in the butt. Just a quick checklist;

It has to be a slipstreamed XP home or pro, with SP2. The disk has to be fairly carefully made. I wrote a recap here after I had struggled to get it right. Maybe you can check with your buddy that he made the disk correctly.

You also have to run the bootcamp assistant to get it started - applications/bootcamp assistant. That starts the install process, reboots then the computer has to boot off the CD.

Are you sure it's a bootable CD?

OP
KahluaFan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
Thanks for the link bud, will make my own slipstream disk tomorrow when i get a chance and post back with the results, fingers crossed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.