if the parallel is save enough

Reaction score
Hi guys

I´m using parallel with windows xp on my imac17" 2Ghz 1GB Ram 160Gb.

The question:- is it save to do work like book-keeping ( the software which i have runs only on windows). I´m afraid i may loose all the work. my Parallel did few times disappear and i had to start all over again. is this situation familiar to anybody, and if someone has suggestion to make it work consistant. For the moment, i dont feel very safe with it.

Secondly when i conect an external HD while parallel is open. the messege shows up saying ".usb drive u r trrying to conect to virtual mashine is used by another process wait 5 - 1o seconds" but nothing happens and m not using anything else which is stoping the work.

Thirdly.
how big is the hard disk. when i click the "property page view" it shows 8000 MB users /name/library/parallel/winxp. m i using the same macs hard disk space. I´m very concern about the space of my VM. so everytime i try not to download or install anything unless its very important.

Any suggestions welcome
Thank you
Urgyen

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.