Still Having Troubles

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 10.4.8, G4 "Graphite" 10.4.8
My MacBook Pro is still "crashing" windows through Boot Camp whenever I try to play Everquest 2. It seems to me like a memory issue, as I've seen it on PCs. Is there anyway to determine if there is enough memory allocated to Windows? One would assume that it would use the same ammount as OSX, but stranger things have happened. Any help would be very much appreciated.

-Rob

Just for reference:
Updated all software on both OSX and Windows
Downloaded Catalyst (through Windows) and tweaked graphics
Set the program's performance to high, lowering the graphics themselves.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
When you run Boot Camp all hardware resources are used as if it were any other PC because the OS is running natively. I had a couple issues the first time I used Boot Camp that were fixed after I did a reinstall. If you have an hour or so and don't have too much work installed/saved already, you might want to delete and do a fresh install. It's a pain in the rear, but when all else fails . . .

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was on the verge of that. This will be the 2nd full re-install...good thing I haven't done anything so far.

Reaction score
Im having game problems too, Half life episode 1 and STALKER crash after a few mins.

Did a reinstall work ok for you?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No. I have tried other games that are graphic intensive (ie Fable, The Movies) and they work perfectly. I ried to go through Sony's Tech support but they seem intent on leading thier customers in circles. So, I'm getting rid of EQ2, thanks for help guys, partcularly in other threads.

Reaction score
Have you tired HL s Ep 1 or STALKER??

I have re-installed direct x and the installed the drivers from the mac boot camp CD and it still crashes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.