• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Gather 'round folks!

M

MacHeadCase

Ok. I feel things are getting pretty weird in M-F.

It could be just me: I really don't appreciate being called a it even if it comes from a 6'4" man and I guess it has got me on edge, to say the least, so I could be the only one feeling this but that was just the last thing really. There has been a build-up. But I don't want to talk about that, what I want to talk about is this.

We see a little bit everywhere in these forums posts saying how very much unique this place is, how friendly, how welcoming it is, how much some of us love this forum.

I think it's time we started putting our money where our collective mouth is. Can we please stop the stoopid school hall brawls please. Each and everyone of us has to think a little here. What does this forum really mean to us? Can we be nice to each other? If someone gets on your nerves, can you simply walk away from the thread instead of thinking the whole world must absolutely know how angry you feel? If you do violence to yourself by walking away, put the offender on your Ignore list instead of escalating the tenseness in here. And if you simply have to get things heard, take it to the offender via PM and report the post(s), for heaven sake.

Let's all cool down a little on the sarcasm, the meanness, the attacks and get on with what this place is supposed to be and act accordingly.

Let's not forget this: we all create the atmosphere here, be it bad or good. So let's try to pull in the same bloody direction, okay?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Thank you MHC; outstanding post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Reaction score
Thank you for this post MacHeadCase. It is so true what you are saying here. We do make up the forum and if we want a good atmosphere we all need to remind ourselfs that before we post.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

And I do want to add that forum staff has acted like real pros once again. Through all the turmoil, it must be hard to keep your heads above the water but you are doing a super job. So a thank you to you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I definitely agree, the staff has been superb in handling this situation. :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
In another thread I said that something had changed.. I was wrong.. The staff did a great job fixing that "change".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
+1. Well done mhc.

Reaction score
More rules??!! Seriously - that was beautifully, and timely, written. Well Done, I would send you a +Rep, but...............

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
So sorry about the trouble, MHC. v_v This place should be a safe haven for all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Why is it I have to guess on these cryptic post that are posted. :confused:
Any chance someone can enlighten me as to what this is all about:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Good pst, and rite to the point... and goes back to the classic saying "Can't we all just get a long" ... Please :D

Cheers to u MHC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
not sure what it was about as i've been home and offline a lot in the last couple days, but good post regardless of any specifics MHC. :)

Reaction score
I haven't noticed anything.

Hope everyone and everything is ok.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
First off, I would like to apologize to the group as a Unit. ;)

Secondly, I would like to publicly apologize to MHC for calling her an “it”. It was meant in humor, but I can see how it could be offensive. That being said, I don’t understand why she is afraid or unwilling to share her gender with the forum. We are all a close knit group, but if it is done for the sake of privacy I guess I can respect that. (EDIT: Apologies if the original text was offensive MHC, I missed something somewhere.)

Thirdly, this is not the first time I have been temporarily “banned” from M-F. I’m not leaving and I would like to thank those who showed their support. Schweb did what he thought was right and frankly, I did deserve it. I’m a big boy, I can take my punishment. I bare neither schweb nor any member of the staff ill will for this incident. I’m going to move on from this.

Fourth, as schweb pointed out elsewhere much of the behavior that I and others have exhibited was going on long before the deactivation of the rep system. Based on the responses to this post, I now agree with the decision to deactivate it. It was not serving its intended purpose. Many don’t like giving bad rep, but had those whom I offended not remained silent about their offense, and used the negative rep option, I would have known long ago that my behavior was causing more problems than I presumed. Silence is often interpreted as acquiescence, and I took it as such. If you don’t like something I say, speak out. PM me and tell me to stop being a jerk if I offend you. The head on approach will go a long way with me, and many others. If nothing else, report the posts to the staff, they will deal with it. Don’t remain silent, I certainly don’t. If you all like this forum as much as you say, be willing to speak out for it, even against someone like me.

Fifth, some have mentioned a “change” in M-F over the past months. This type of change runs in cycles and has happened here before, I have seen it. Things will stabilize out and those who choose to remain will do so. Every forum that has as large an influx of new members experiences this sort of thing from time to time.

Sixth, I will now modify my behavior on these forums. My tolerance for those I labeled as “Anti-Mac bigots” is low, and not just here. I felt I was fighting for those of us who like this forum against those who are/were simply here to cause trouble. In the end, I became the head troublemaker. This was contrary to my original intent, but happened none the less. For that I again apologize.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Isn't saying I am a woman not enough for you? Sorry but if this is just a ploy to get me to post a photo of myself, you won't get it.

I choose to show my real face to those I want to, not because I am openly challenged on a forum. Some women in here don't mind showing their faces, I do.

PERIOD and END OF STORY.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Isn't saying I am a woman not enough for you? Sorry but if this is just a ploy to get me to post a photo of myself, you won't get it.

I choose to show my real face to those I want to, not because I am openly challenged on a forum. Some women in here don't mind showing their faces, I do.

PERIOD and END OF STORY.

Not in the least. I have never read anywhere on the forums whether you were male or female. No offense was intended, so please don't take any. I obviously missed a post somewhere.

Please note, I have not posted an actual picture of myself here and I completely understand anyone not wishing to do so.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.