• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple Insider

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
doing my browsing and reading for my new MBP and came up on this site and decide to share it here

http://www.appleinsider.com/

it is said that it is very accurate and apple themselves tried to shut down cause it's leaking all the information...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Appleinsider has one of the worst track records for getting information/rumors correct. One of the only sites that is slightly worse is Mac-Rumors.com.

OP
Aaagogo
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33Ghz Core2Duo, 2Gb Ram, 120Gb HardDisk, X1600 256Mb & I LOVE Every Inch of her
i wasn't sure, i read it on a note somewhere... so i posted it here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
Appleinsider has one of the worst track records for getting information/rumors correct. One of the only sites that is slightly worse is Mac-Rumors.com.
What? AI has one of the best records for rumors.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Complete list of rumor reports VS things Apple actually released/announced (2005-2006):

[0 = missed entirely by the "rumor radar", 1=completely wrong . . . 5=right]

iPod shuffle - 5
Mac Mini - 5
Intel switch - 0
Mighty Mouse - 0
iPod Nano - 2
ROKR - 3
Video iPod - 2
iMac/FrontRow/iSight - 0
TV shows - 0
MacBook - 5
Intel iMac - 1
HiFi Speakers - 0
Intel Mac Mini - 0
Boot Camp - 0
17” MacBook Pro - 5
MacBook - 5
Apple & Nike - 0
MacPro - 3
New iPod & Nano - 5
Movies - 4
Games - 0

As you can see, even with all of their "inside" sources, they are still oblivious to most things Apple actually does release. When they do speculate about what is coming, it is clear that their "inside" information is nothing more than an educated guess, as shown by their inability to actually get the information 100% accurate (even with their "credible, inside" sources).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.