Why do YOU come to MF?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
I am curious! I come to help people with their Apple related issues and give my opinions.

If these are the reasons that you come to MF what is the point of post count and the user reputation system?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
I come to this forum to connect with mostly intelligent people, to laugh and hopefully make others laugh, and to learn more about Macs!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I come because of all the sexy people ;)

I really like the community (which is saying a lot since I've been through my share of bad forums). Everyone is nice and very helpful. I really enjoy the positive attitude when at so many other places regular members are so vicious. Their staff members aren't anything to write home about either, unlike the great staff here (yes, that is major sucking up :))

This and another tech forum are the only two places that I frequently visit because of the amazing members and staff. I'm just really glad I found this place before all the other Mac forums :black:

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
why i came here?

i was a mac noob. i bought my first mac since my parents had a mac classic in the mid 80s, and i needed some information.

why do i stay?

this forums is virtually unique in it's way that it keeps out people that make others hate the internet, trolls, flame-baiters, etc. it's a fantastic environment, a healthy community, and people here really know their stuff or are willing to track down information for others. the moderators are also to be thanked for providing a safe enviornment for those with more sensitive sensibilities.

i like knowing that if i have a question, i can search a huge library of posts on many topics, or ask the question myself if it doesn't seem to have been asked before.

i also like helping others, knowing that i was once in their shoes, and can try to quickly and completely help them with their dilemma makes me feel good.

and of course the community that all this has built seems to have flourished. it is fun, informative, and open to mild and interesting debate.

it's fantastic. i look forward to signing on and seeing how all of us are doing and what issues i can help resolve. and i want to be one part of that community that keeps growing and getting better and better.

that's why i come here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
A bit like Eric.....except I came here before I bought my Mac...reearch.

Now just because I like to chat

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I would have come to this forum before I bought my first G4 and got heavy into OSX if I had heard about it sooner!! After I got my G4-500 and OSX Jaguar followed soon by Panther, a close friend was fed up with Windows, but Linux was too hard for him. I suggested OSX and he got his first Mac, then bought one for his Wife, then found Mac Forums. He told me and I have been here ever since.

I am Primarily here to help others with their Macs and OSX. I knew a lot about Mac OS when I joined but was weeks old in OSX, but know computers in general so caught on fast.

Also though, I love Mac Forums for the users here. We have some of the best I have ever ran into and I have been on a LOT of forums and even the old BBS's as a Sysop over the years. The Users and Staff here keep me wanting to come back.

So I do come here to help people, but love the company and met some very nice people here also.

Hope that all makes sense as it's been a hard day fixing Windows systems and I am very tired at the moment. On my Mac kicking back. :spook:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Boredom. Help with issues I don't know how to fix.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For the hot chicks. I hear schweb looks good in a dress too...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
I am a relative new Mac user and come here to learn and try to help others with the little I have picked up both by reading books and this forum and by using my Mac .

Having said that I could just lurk here harvest the info and not post a thing. I found out that I like the community here and what to be a part of it. Even though I'm no geek I like it here

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
To help and learn. I think the rep system is important - I don't look at rep religiously, but you get to know the users who have high rep are the ones who are helpful and know their subject.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I had just got my iMac and I didn't really know enough people with them to keep annoying them, so I came here for answers.

I just typed in Mac Forums into Google and Whola and the Rest as they say is History.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
M

MacHeadCase

I've been hanging around forums for a long while and I've joined a whole lot of them in time.

The reason why I come here is to help if I can. There are a lot of things I don't understand like network and stuff but the little I know, I'm willing to share it so it helps people enjoy their Macs, the greatest computer in the whole world.

Why is it the greatest? Because the interface is gorgeous, I can relate, instinctively, to how it works and now that it's using OS X, it's rock steady. And of course, it gets things done! I have never put any M$ software on my Macs and I'm not missing out on anything at all.

Why do I come back here? Well I'm a selfish beast. After helping others (which, for me, takes a lot of stamina), my carrot at the end of the stick is interaction with others. And, to be honest, I wouldn't stay where there is adversity, arrogance, harassment, meanness, obnoxious behaviour, etc. because I don't have to take it. I don't have the choice in the people I work or study with, for example, but when it is my leisure time, I will go where it is fun and where I can feel there is a real kind community.

I like the staff here that handle the forum is a very professional manner. I have been in forums where decisions where taken on the sole criteria of subjectivity, meaning that a given infraction didn't have the same repercussions for everyone and that is very frustrating. Some got away with plenty of stuff, while others would get slapped down for the smallest of offences.

And I also appreciate the fact that for the first time in my forum life, there are a lot of female members that are part of the community, not just drive-by posters that bail out of here as soon as their problem is solved. It really creates a different atmosphere and the simple fact that us girls stay here means that we feel accepted and we can grow in a safe and peaceful environment.

So thank you all for creating this place and making it a cool place to hang out in, day in, day out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
First came for answers during my research phase (about 5 months before buying the MacBook).

Why do I stay?

This has got to be my favourite forum at the minute - the information is on the whole interesting and I like learning new things, so reading answers to others questions even if the problem has not affected me allows me to learn more about my MacBook and OS X. I think the regulars are a great bunch of people and I like the help, advice and banter to be found on this site.

I also think the knowledge and in general, the friendliness of this site attracts similar like minded people and as such, with the exception of trolls, the newbies that join up are just as friendly as the regulars.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, 1.5GB RAM, 1.42Ghz, 14"
I just come here when one of my other forums is slow.

Reaction score
I have never used forums before but about a month ago I got a macbook for my birthday from a friend of mine. I'd been meaning to switch but kept putting it off (money wasn't the issue, just being stubborn). However, immediately after opening this beauty up, I started reading in this forum... I came in here for knowledge and direction and haven't been dissapointed since.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67ghz powerbook G4, 1GB RAM, 100GB HD.
I came because Im a mac noob and I knew nothing about them - knew about *nix though because Id been using kubuntu before I switched to mac.

Everyone here is so helpful :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i came because i was having a sound problem with my iMac and no one at the 3 other forums i joined could help me.
i stayed because u fixed my imac :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'm only here for the jokes...

Reaction score
I came here beacuse I had a lot of problems with my mac and was not that smart with them. Also there was video/iPod things that I wanted to do and after searching around the internet forever, I can't remember how, I stumbled upon this forum. I joined and posted my question and I remember RIDE helped me out right away. I really enjoyed all the friendly people and it just became normal to come on and post about things I wanted to learn and pass on the info that I learned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.