PDA

View Full Version : Just A Reminder: Rep System

schweb
04-28-2007, 07:36 AM
Just a quick reminder that the forum rules prohibit soliciting rep points, rep trading, begging for rep, or any other abuse of the reputation system.

In addition, all forum rules apply when you leave a comment with a rep point. If you wouldn't be able to post it on the forum, you can't post it with a rep point. This includes profanity and abusive comments.

narf1899
04-28-2007, 09:24 AM
thanks...apparently some people need to read that last section.

Zoolook
04-28-2007, 10:37 AM
In addition, all forum rules apply when you leave a comment with a rep point. If you wouldn't be able to post it on the forum, you can't post it with a rep point. This includes profanity and abusive comments.

Do you moderate rep comments, or do we have to let you know if something inappropriate is left?

Aptmunich
04-28-2007, 12:06 PM
We do not actively moderate rep comments, so if you feel something inappropriate has been said or done, please notify a moderator about it via a personal message.

The reputation system is not about winning or having the most points - it is an indicator to help usersjudge how reliable the information in a post might be and a way to thank each other for helping out. Nothing more, nothing less.

schweb
04-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Absolutely Aptmunich.

Unfortunately, I've found that a person's maturity level in general equates directly with how they react to the rep system.

TheCustomer99
04-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Since I have a hunch that one of my posts inspired this thread, I'd like to apologize and say that I've edited it.