Airport card wireless Drops??

Z

zanoncello

I have a 2001 iBook with an airport card in it. I also have a D-link router (Dl-624 rev.b).

Now some days I will stay connected for hours but then other days (most of the time) I keep dropping and reconecting almost instantly. This happens every once in a while (about every 20-30mins). I will see my signal strength at full (acording to third party progs. 84%) and then it will go to nothing and back to full again.

I have updated my airport card (3.4 if i'm correct?) and I updated my router to the most current firmware. I have it set to wep encription and I've tried changing the wireless channels (from 1-11) without any differences (all channels drop).

Has anyone else had this or have any clue as to why this could be happening to me? :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
It's the newest update. Sorry. :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.