Transfering items to Windows under Os X?

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Here's my question that hopefully you can answer. I have a few documents and .exe files that I downloaded on Mac OS X. I was wondering if there was a place that I can put my documents that I want to share between OS X and Windows XP. I'm sick of having to reboot the computer all the time when I need to transfer things over. I tried dragging objects directly into the Windows partitioned Hard Drive on my desktop, but it wouldn't allow me. I use boot camp by the way.

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
not sure what type of hardware you're using, but i drag and drop back and forth with no problem. i used bootcamp to make the fat32 partition, then you can download Parallels from the website, and when you build the first VM, just choose to use the bootcamp drive. this'll put the drive on your desktop. now you can transfer files over to that drive.

i deal with some really big images, so i needed an NTFS drive to handle bigger than 4gb. i created an expanding NTFS drive with Parallels, so now, i open that drive by booting windows in a VM, open the large image, and then drag and drop from drive to drive to drive. no problem.

As long as you load Parallels Tools, it's almost seamless interaction between the drives and the OS's. but for OSX to the bootcamp drive, you shouldn't have any problems moving stuff around.

hope tha helped and didn't just confuse....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
oh!! i forgot one part!! in Parallels, when you create the new VM's, be sure to set in the config that you want to share files between OS's! then choose the share file you want to use. i just selected my profile folder which opens everything on my drive that's not in another users personal folder.

happy swapping!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.