Windows Applications on iBook G4

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod mini
I'm new here, and need a little guidance. I have an iBook G4 PowerPC and I want to run Windows applications in my OSX. I've looked around and found a couple emulators that do this, but it seems like none of them work with the PowerPC with .exe files. I downloaded Darwine and installed it only to find that it "doesn't function with Windows .exe files on PowerPC." I realize that i could get an emulator to install a version of Windows on my iBook, but i'd really like to avoid that if at all possible, because I don't have a Windows CD and would not enjoy spending the money to purchase one just for a few Windows apps. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
The only one that will work on a ppc virtual pc, and there was a one named Q but i don't know if that is still available. None-the-less, any program you try to run in an emulated environment from an ibook, is going to run very, very slow.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod mini
thx PowerBookG4...

do u need to install Windows from a cd for Virtual PC? but yeah i see what you're saying about the speed issue (i have 512 ram :() If I upgraded to 1gb of RAM would it make a difference?

Reaction score
Apart from what PBG4 said, we could help you by trying to find alternatives to the Apps you need - maybe there is a good Mac pendant?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4, iPod mini
thx for the comments guys...

i installed the Q emulator but i got this error message:

qemucy0.png

so, what does that mean i have to do? and how do i go about doin it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I think you're going to need a Windows CD for that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.