• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What did you learn this week? (wo 4/16)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Same as last week. One from Mac-Forums, one from real life.

Here goes...

:bomb:In mac-forums I learned that some mac folk are as igorant about how Windows works, as PC folk are about Mac OSX. That's not an insult, just an observation of myths/misinformation.

:eek:neye:At home I learned, the hard way, what to quote for a certain type of website. File that one under 'oops'.

OK, you go!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
m-f taught me that apple made a camera!

life taught me that if you ask the right people for favors, they can get you in somewhere even if it is past a due date for registration(woo orientation)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.93C2D 4GB
In Mac-forums I learned that we have such a great community here we can even get a 2+ page thread out of celery and dip. :black:

In real-life I learned a friend/manager where I work (More friend than manager though) Is not only a bad manager and appalling friend but extreemely childish and has developed some sort of personal vendetta against me... maybe next week I'll learn why...

Reaction score
I have learnt that I need to clean my scrolly mouse ball.
I have also found a great add-on that will screen grab a whole page :D

And I have also learnt that my cats finally forgive me for getting a pup :)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i learned that no matter how hard you cry you just don't get your edit button back. ;)

i also found out that the new pedestrian friendly strip mall that was just put up a couple miles away from my work has just put in a chipotle shop. got myself a barbacoa burrito today on the way to work. :) yum!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
MMMM, chipotles are awesome

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.