• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Global Incident Map

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there are some sick people in the world...

[Baltimore Sun] MARYLAND - Boy suffers chemical burns at playground

"two bottles of industrial strength drain cleaner were stolen from Victory Villa Elementary School and then used to soak playground equipment outside the Middle River school"

nothing in my neck of the woods.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
there are some sick people in the world...

[Baltimore Sun] MARYLAND - Boy suffers chemical burns at playground

"two bottles of industrial strength drain cleaner were stolen from Victory Villa Elementary School and then used to soak playground equipment outside the Middle River school"

nothing in my neck of the woods.

I don't mean to be the bad news bearer, but I thought this was truly a good link.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
it's very interesting for sure.
just a lot of bad news, and that one struck close to home as the toddler who was injured was my son's age and of course we bring him to playgrounds all the time. i can't imagine the anguish and anger the parents feel over that.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You cannot be careful enough in that case. Then, you have to deal with copy cats for a while once something surfaces.
This will be a good map to follow the wild fires on a daily basis, when that happens again.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
so the other thing i noticed was this looks like one of those sites that piggybacks on google maps technology. i don't see on the site that it does, but the interface looks similar.

i found this one too. helps my wife keep her personal pedometer honest.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
so the other thing i noticed was this looks like one of those sites that piggybacks on google maps technology. i don't see on the site that it does, but the interface looks similar.

i found this one too. helps my wife keep her personal pedometer honest.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/

I thought the maps look like Google maps, also.
Good link.
I am waiting for my pedometer soon. I will not be running any marathons, but I am hoping to motivate myself to do more and more walking.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
my wife signed up for the breast cancer three day walk to motivate herself. she's been doing really well, though with the pregnancy (if all continues to go well), she may not be able to do it.

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
my wife signed up for the breast cancer three day walk to motivate herself. she's been doing really well, though with the pregnancy (if all continues to go well), she may not be able to do it.

I am sure that if she feels any difficulty, she does not have to walk the whole lenght.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
yeah, they have vans that drive by often to pick up anyone who is too tired to go on, or injured. she may do it that way. of course she still has to raise enough money to be able to participate also...

OP
johntalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Good luck both of you with the baby and her with the marathon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.