attachment size limit?

B

Badger

1) Is there a size limit on attachments? I've tried to post a reply with a pdf attached of about 12 mgs but it either fails with a message that it is impossible to reach the server or it simply does nothing (even though it appears to be uploading the file).

2) Is there any plan to develop a library of reference documents or files? For example, a collection of Apple take-apart manuals?

Badger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I know there is some limit to the size of attachments, but I'm not sure what it is - if you do a forum search I'm sure you'll find it About hardware assembly manuals I don't know

OP
W

Wapa18

r u talkin about this site? cuz i think i remember it telling me there's a limit of 1mb on attachments. i got that message when trying to attach a picture once.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Pwnt
Yes, the limit is 1mb.

As for Apple manuals - I like the idea, but I'm not sure about the legal issues surrounding the publication of them. Also, we can't host large files due to bandwidth limits. We could, however, develop a collection of user-written manuals, presuming they aren't too large.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.