Mouse problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
Hi Everyone,

I've got a new Logitech MX Revolution mouse and the Logitech Control Center within System Preferences keeps telling me that 'No Logitech Device Found' - and yet - the mouse works fine. Suggestions anyone?

I've re-started my iMac a couple times and tried re-installing the Logitech software a second time.

Also, a software (and mouse-related) question, how do I remove a reference from System Preferences for an app I deleted? Prior to installing the logitech software I deleted the SteerMouse app - but it still appears in System Preferences.

cheers

M

MacHeadCase

Hi Everyone,

*Snip*
Also, a software (and mouse-related) question, how do I remove a reference from System Preferences for an app I deleted? Prior to installing the logitech software I deleted the SteerMouse app - but it still appears in System Preferences.

cheers

I would guess the SteerMouse file is a prefpane and that it's in the PreferencePane folder. Either in your user account (path: Macintosh HD -> Users -> Your Account -> Library -> PreferencePanes) or higher up in the hierarchy (path: Macintosh HD -> Library -> PreferencePanes).

And this thread really belongs in the Hardware forum. You don't want to get DB mad, do you? ;^)

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
Sorry about posting in the wrong forum. :-(
But I did solve my problem, I re-installed SteerMouse and then un-installed it using the appropriate menu item. Once that was done the Logitech config software worked.

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
get one of these. it should do the trick!

woodstreamvictormousetrhu5.jpg

Reaction score
I really recommend using Steermouse instead of the Logitech Control Center software with your MX revolution. I am an owner of the VX revolution and the Logitech software caused random kernel panics and I lost a few files because of that. In that regard Steermouse is just great-it is super stable.

If you're interested in a detailed review why not visit my blog? Just wrote a long review;-)

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.