Best wireless mouse for a recent switcher

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16Ghz Core2Due 20" iMac - 2Gb RAM - wireless Mac KB - wireless MX610 mouse
Any suggestions for the best wireless (preferably bluetooth) mouse for someone used to the multi-button mice in the Windows world? I'm partial to Microsoft's intellimouse - does Logitech offer anything better (and that's fully Mac compatible)?

cheers

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Anyone out there own a Logitech® Cordless Desktop® S 530 Laser for Mac?
What do you think of it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I got a Mighty Mouse when I switched to Mac and it has been great. At first I was concerned about that tiny little scroll ball, but I got used to it really fast and now using a scroll wheel seems big and clunky by comparison.

Some people complain about the difficult of using the right click on it, but I've never had any trouble. Also, people say that the scroll ball easily gets messed up with stuff getting inside, but I've gone almost 6 months now without a hitch, smooth as ever. Besides, you have a year warranty.

The best part of it is the form factor is nice and short so it doesn't bulge out of my bag and it doesn't require a dongle to be stuck in a USB port to use it with my Mac. It's pretty sweet to be able to take my mouse anywhere I take my MBP and use instead of the insufferable trackpad. I always get looks in class and at the coffee shop.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess I should have mentioned that I don't like the mighty mouse. The 'squeeze' button doesn't work for me. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac--OSX 10.6.7
I use a Logitech LX 7 mouse with my Mac and i really like it. It is USB and has a small connector which I plug into the back of the keyboard. (Keyboard is wired) Mouse is fully Mac compatible.

Reaction score
I'm not a Mac owner yet but I use the Logitech MX Revolution mouse and I love it. I been through several mice and this is by far the best one. It's a little pricey but I bought it for gaming. Initially I had problems with Windows and the drivers (go figure) but after several attempts I have it working properly. Best part that the mouse is compatible with OS X so I can continue to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
Anyone out there own a Logitech® Cordless Desktop® S 530 Laser for Mac?
What do you think of it?

I have the S510 which I owned before I got a Mac. It works with the Mac ok. The keyboard is light and given how thin it is it's fine to type on. The S530 is basically a variant of the S510 with Mac specific keys and white.

I wouldn't get the S530 if you are left handed, it's mouse is an awful design which only suits right handed people.

I have an Apple wireless mighty mouse on the way and will let you know how I get on with it.

Reaction score
I got a Mighty Mouse when I switched to Mac and it has been great. At first I was concerned about that tiny little scroll ball, but I got used to it really fast and now using a scroll wheel seems big and clunky by comparison.

Some people complain about the difficult of using the right click on it, but I've never had any trouble. Also, people say that the scroll ball easily gets messed up with stuff getting inside, but I've gone almost 6 months now without a hitch, smooth as ever. Besides, you have a year warranty.

The best part of it is the form factor is nice and short so it doesn't bulge out of my bag and it doesn't require a dongle to be stuck in a USB port to use it with my Mac. It's pretty sweet to be able to take my mouse anywhere I take my MBP and use instead of the insufferable trackpad. I always get looks in class and at the coffee shop.
I have this too and love it, the squeeze works fine and all the clicky bits work, it's usually my fingers being too far back being the problem though! One prob I do have with the scrolly ball is that it sometimes freezes, it'll scroll down but not back up again. It seems to help when I minimise the screens and put them back :O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The ball on the mighty mouse gets clogged with dirt, if you have any problems with it then get some tape head cleaner (alcohol) and put a drop on the ball and roll it around then dry it off. Also turn the mouse upside down and roll the ball around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
A lot of people on the apple site have left negative comments about the might mouse and how the right click doesn't work 1/2 the time. There was also another common problem mentioned. Is there any explanation for this? I was about to order one but changed my mind upon seeing mostly negative reviews.

Reaction score
Well, I just received my Radtech BT600 bluetooth mouse... It just is nowhere near as smooth as my 2 year-old Logitech MX1000. Plus it seems to hate my desk surface. I really don't want to use a mousepad. One observation, if you are used to a larger mouse (i.e. MX1000), you may not care for the BT600 as it's kinda smallish for me, and my hands aren't exactly gargantuan or anything. Looks like the trusty ol' MX1000 is gonna get used until it falls apart, and the BT600 will sit in its box. Hopefully someday soon, SOMEONE will make a truly exceptional bluetooth mouse...

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ended up buying a Logitech MX Revolution. It's got a great feel but the softwre is buggy. Sometimes the back/forward buttons stop working, or I can't change modes with the scroll wheel. And the config software in System Preferences doesn't see my mouse - even though the mouse is working fine. I'm going to keep it because it feels so good and hope that the software is updated soon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A lot of people on the apple site have left negative comments about the might mouse and how the right click doesn't work 1/2 the time. There was also another common problem mentioned. Is there any explanation for this? I was about to order one but changed my mind upon seeing mostly negative reviews.

It does work, you just have to lift your finger off the left side so it isn't confused.

Apple does make curious design decisions at times, the capacitance buttons of the mighty mouse are one of these. They do get a bit carried away in the looks at the expense of usability sometimes. The lack of click in the mighty mouse is one example of this, the clicking of a button is useful feedback and the mighty mouse doesn't click.

Reaction score
I ended up buying a Logitech MX Revolution. It's got a great feel but the softwre is buggy. Sometimes the back/forward buttons stop working, or I can't change modes with the scroll wheel. And the config software in System Preferences doesn't see my mouse - even though the mouse is working fine. I'm going to keep it because it feels so good and hope that the software is updated soon.
Heh.. I find that funny someone else had the same exact problem as I did but on a different operating system. It's an awesome mouse but getting it to work properly is a huge pain in the @$$.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.