Driver and Boot Camp problem

Reaction score
I have a couple of problems with Boot Camp and Windows Xp.

Firstly, I installed "System Mechanic" onto my Windows XP OS and I lost the Sigma Tel logo in the system tray, so I decided to reinstall the sound drivers with and updated one from the web. After doing this my sound card stopped working. So I thought I would do the simple thing and reinstall the Mac OS drivers. Sounds pretty straight forward right???? NOT!!

After putting in the Driver disc, (one which I have been using flawlesly for about 6 months now) I recieved an error once the installer started after the extraction was completed that "Mac OS drivers for Windows Xp.msi" could not be found. I checked to see if maybe the extraction was placing the file in the wrong location, but I found that the entire process had been completed correctly and the .msi file was in the place that the Installer sayed it was not. I tried running the .msi file without the use of the initial .exe on the disc but that did not help. Secondly, I tried to start up boot camp in OS to burn a new drivers disc. But I had early messed around with the format of the partition to put Vista on and now Boot Camp would not start up because it could not recognize the partition.

So I'm stuck with no sound on Windows and I can't get Boot Camp to START!!! Wheres the sense in that? Sure maybe Boot camp can't reformat my hard drive partitions but surely Apple should have built the program so that a Driver disc could be created.

Anyway, I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone has any solutions

thanks
Shea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Go to Control Panel and look for something along the lines of Startup Disk. If it's there, you should be able to use that to boot into your OS X partition.

OP
S
Reaction score
I can boot up into both Mac OSX and Windows. I have lost the Sound in Windows and I cannot get the Mac OSX drivers disc to work as I have stated above.

Shea

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.