Please help... Parallels mouse problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Question?

I installed parallels on my mac but when i tried to start up Windows... I couldn't get the mouse to move....... and the trackpad wouldn't work either. Has anyone encountered this sort of problem? I've tried all sorts of settings but to no avail...

Regardless........ I was getting annoyed as the website for parallels was no help so I uninstalled the software....... removed ALL files with a "find" to remove any parallel files but now when I start up XP, I get a dos screen with two options and if I don't select the option real quickly, it'll try to start up from parallels and then I get......... missing hal.dll file, reinstall...... blah...... but if I quickly select the other option... I'm fine.... but then get a popup window about parallels not being able to access tools.

Is it possible that when I installed Parallels I wasn't selecting the write sort of thing? I had selected Bootcamp.....

Please help? I would like to use this program as I go back and forth constantly at work between both platforms and it's a nightmare to keep rebooting.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
You selected Boot Camp when installing XP in Parallels? For starters, do you have a Boot Camp partition with XP installed on it?

If not, then I would suggest going ahead and doing a fresh install. Click on File --> New, and follow the steps to install XP, but do NOT choose Boot Camp if you don't have or want to use your Boot Camp partition within Parallels.

Also, be sure to install Parallels Tools once you finish installing Windows.

OP
MACyMouse
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2006 | 2011 21.5in iMac-1tb-i5-12gig | iPhone 3gs
Yes I already have boot camp... the final beta is installed.... of bootcamp, been running XP for just over 9 months now...

I selected bootcamp when installing Parallels but it just won't recognize my trackpad or usb mouse..... EVEN THO I made sure that usb was selected to auto-connect......

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.