• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

He is gone...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
Kurt Vonnegut. One of the greatest authors of his century passed away this morning. I cried.

:eek:neye:

Thanks for all the good times...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I was never a big fan to be honest....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple Black MacBook 2 GB RAM, 2.0 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo Proecessor, 120 GB HD. 30 GB Black iPod Video
He was the Harrison Burgeron author right? If he was, then it saddens me as well.

What's even sadder is that Ray Bradbury is getting up there in years and he probably won't be with us much longer. That will be a very, very sad day.

OP
cheesybanana
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D MacBook Pro
He was the Harrison Burgeron author right? If he was, then it saddens me as well.

What's even sadder is that Ray Bradbury is getting up there in years and he probably won't be with us much longer. That will be a very, very sad day.

I love that story. Favorite short story...

I have actually seen both of them talk.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
huge fan.

loved him.

he will be missed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My interest in Vonnegut came from the fact that we share the same birthday and home state. My personal favorite besides Slaughterhouse-Five was Player Piano; a telling story from the 50's about our present and future.

The man was a genius, plain and simple. Not in the way we throw the word around these days for anyone who gets a job at the local Apple store. He was true genius.

Many people criticize him for his seemingly crude comments and dark humor, but they just don't understand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.