Printer Share with XP

Reaction score
I have my iMac and PC networked together through a home LAN. Connected to my iMac is a HP Officejet 6210 printer. Printer share is enabled through both my PC and iMac. For some reason, I still can not print from the PC. I have tried using the XP driver for my HP on the PC and also tried using an Apple Laserwriter driver but both failed. What is the trick to fixing this problem. I really don't want to spend the extra money on a print server if it can be done through software tweeking.

Thanks
Flynjack

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
flynjack,

Have you tried to use Apple's Bonjour application for windows? Just a shot in the dark, I can't understand why the driver wouldn't work for you though. In my limited experience, Bonjour (after finding your printer that you have shared) selects the best driver available.

Good luck sir.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Yes, definitely use Bonjour. I've got it installed on three machines, as well as on my Bootcamp partition on my MBP. My printer is hooked up to an airport extreme and using bonjour is the only way I can print from windows. It's REALLY easy to set up, and is a free download.

Good luck!

OP
F
Reaction score
I have downloaded and installed Boujour for Windows but Bonjour could not see my printer. It says the printer is not Bonjour compatable. Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.