• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Six Things Apple Needs To Fix By 2008

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I definitely agree with his statements on .Mac and the availability of HD and rental content on the AppleTV. A cheaper price tag would always be appreciated on anything that I buy, so I don't think that I can complain about my Macbook's price without complaining about the price of everything that I purchase :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I agree with all of those.

I think a mostly black GUI would be a mistake though for Leopard, but it's unlikely to happen. Some of the glass effect would be good, but I'm concerned about the flatness of some of the example title bars etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I agree with 6, 5, and 4....but I'm new to apple so what would I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I agree with the points on .Mac - that seems like such a rip-off to me - but based on price I chose not to even try it so maybe the people that have .Mac and have used the service think its worth it?

Apple TV - I agree - it looks very much like a good 'first gen' product - I think it has potential to do a lot more and we'll have to see what they come up with. (although I do wonder if this would be at the expense of slightly larger product).

iPhone/iPod - I like the iPhone - it looks wonderful - but it seems like a step backwards - we're moving to 3G and Apple want me to forget about video calls - very fast mobile internet (compared to 2.5G services) etc etc - I think they arrived a little late with that product - I don't doubt they'll sell loads of them - just not to the people that know what they can get from a 3rd gen network. Again another good 1st gen product I think - something to build on.

If a few months after the launch of the iPhone - they strip out the phone guts and shoe-horn the 30GB & 80GB Hard drives found in the current iPods - then I'd want one! (especially if they could keep the wireless connection in there as well :) )

Don't really have an opinion on the rest of those points. Don't get me wrong I want to see the new iLife but there is little doubt that it will be here before 2008 - it's coming with Leopard in June ;) (conjecture conjecture conjecture)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
agree with most of them. especialy the .mac

althought have bought it for 2 yrs

Reaction score
I agree with most except pricing. Quality comes at a cost. You want something cheap? Buy a Windows computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I don't know why there's so much fuss about Multi-Touch. I keep reading "We want multi-touch in Leopard!!" - to be controlled with what? Touch-sensitive screens are only practical for pda's and subnotebooks/tablets. The only way it would be useful for anything else would be a large trackpad for desktops, and I don't think it would work particularly well even then.

As for the other stuff, .Mac is expensive, £70 a year doesn't justify the features IMO.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i just want a touch-screen iPod....i have a fine phone for my needs, and im not payin $600 for a 4gig iPod...i want a 30gig touch screen, wide screen ipod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Why does...

...everyone seem to whine about the interface? Don't like the colors or want to change your appearance? Use Shapeshifter. Why would anyone want to add more bloat to the operating system like Windows does? I think Mac is beautiful. The only thing i would ever change? A right click on the mouse pad on Macbooks. Why oh why haven't they gotten with the program on that one? Yes yes, hit the ctrl button... um annoying?:bomb:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook, 2GB DDR, 160GB 7200rpm SATA, Super Drive
Good idea?

I don't know why there's so much fuss about Multi-Touch. I keep reading "We want multi-touch in Leopard!!" - to be controlled with what? Touch-sensitive screens are only practical for pda's and subnotebooks/tablets. The only way it would be useful for anything else would be a large trackpad for desktops, and I don't think it would work particularly well even then.

As for the other stuff, .Mac is expensive, £70 a year doesn't justify the features IMO.

Using the trackpad as a writing tablet. There is plenty of space. That would be an artists/architects dream... *sigh*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Ok, here we go:

-1 Bunk, HD is overrated at best and will be for some years. You can whine all you want but we all know it's crap for now.
-2 $299 for a 500Gb drive in one would be ok with me. Think before you type dip wads.
-3 Bunk, I can rent Movies at Blockbuster, this is exactly why you can't rent audio from iTunes, it's a dumb idea.
-4 Maybe, but we already have one in reality. It could stand improvement.

#5 Meh, who cares? If you don''t have it and don't want it, why worry? If you have it and are complaining, here is an idea for you: drop it. $8.99/month is actually cheap for what you get.

#4 Agreed.

#3 Agreed

#2 Go use Vista or XP for a bit, then lets hear you complain. Until then, STFU.

#1 Crapola. Consumers are idiots for the most part and a $500 PC IS a $500 PC, aka a POS. Macs have been comparably priced for some time now and the consumer who is whining is too cost conscious to bother and will end up with a POS PC by Medion or some other POS maker (Dell) and then wonder why their $500 "deal" is broken all the time.

Are people really this dumb? Who gave these bozo's a web site?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
6. some good ideas. HD is the future and is what the market is switching to in all mediums. i won't buy an Apple TV simply cause it cost to much for what i get out of it. rentals don't make sense in this market.

5. wont pay that much for that service since i can get all that for free someplace else.

4. agreed

3. agreed

2. the current GUI is fine but a little dated, so some new inovation would be nice. (i actually really like vista's GUI)

1. the mac mini price should be dropped a bit for what you get, and the iMac too. but both sell well for Apple so i don't see them changing anything but getting more expensive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
...everyone seem to whine about the interface? Don't like the colors or want to change your appearance? Use Shapeshifter. Why would anyone want to add more bloat to the operating system like Windows does? I think Mac is beautiful. The only thing i would ever change? A right click on the mouse pad on Macbooks. Why oh why haven't they gotten with the program on that one? Yes yes, hit the ctrl button... um annoying?:bomb:

You can right-click by tapping with two fingers. I find it much more intuitive than two buttons, as I always click the button with my thumb - clicking a theoretical right-button would mean finger gymnastics. I'm using a Dell at work with two buttons, a tiny trackpad and no scrolling and it's rubbish.

I agree though, let's not bloat the GUI. One thing to bear in mind about Vista's ugly new interface is that it's ANOTHER layer of API code on top of the existing windows API, just like XPs themes are. More code = more bugs = less speed.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind to see.Mac updated to something more useful. Without php or any significant bandwidth allowances or disk space, .Mac is just a waste of money. They should definitely dump it or make it somewhat competitive with the market.

HD doesn't matter much to me.

iWork and iLife are big groups of apps for me. I would love to see them updated.

As far at the interface, I am fine for now with aqua. I also remember the experience of OS 9 and installing and booting OS X for the first time. It was like my eyeballs were licking a rainbow. I have a feeling that Apple won't disappoint in October.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As far at the interface, I am fine for now with aqua. I also remember the experience of OS 9 and installing and booting OS X for the first time. It was like my eyeballs were licking a rainbow. I have a feeling that Apple won't disappoint in October.

I remember those days. I also remember how badly OSX Public Beat 10.0 sucked too....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's true, it was buggy and slow. Hahahah, but it was beautiful.

When did you switch over full time? I think it was 10.2 but may have been 10.3 when I actually stopped booting into OS9 and started booting into OSX a majority of the time. It was a conscious decision though.

Reaction score
Well, I used os x from the moment I could buy it. I was new to the mac at that time and came from Windows. Classic would occasionally be needed, but I was booted mainly in OS X. I had never done much with computers other than word processing and internet, but when I got into my G4 Cube (given to me as a hand me down from my dad to get me into Apple) I began recording music and doing all of this stuff that I never knew I could do. OS X just made a lot of sense to me.

I think I was too naive to fully be able to compare speed and buggy-ness.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.