Midi Keyboard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 MBP
I know that the apple store sells keyboards itself. I've played around on what I believe what a 3 octave one, it started at middle C, obviously lol, and went an octave higher on the keys and an octave lower. It had the ability for you to increase the pitch on it, sadly I don't remember the maker. But if you can get over to an apple store yourself most likely they'll have a couple hooked up, most likely to a Mac Pro. I say start @ the store or on Apple.com and if you can ask anyone who works in an Apple store, you might stumble on a garageband nut. Happy looking and let us know how it turns out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
I bought the M-Audio Keystation 49e from one of the local Apple stores. (It's also available through Apple's website.) It's a nice keyboard at what I think is a decent price.

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
As it says on the product description:
Class-compliant with Windows XP and Mac OS X

It will work very well with your iMac, you can use with any midi edito/sequencer software (Ableton Live, Garageband, Reason, etc..)
I think it is a very good option, it is portable, and the knobs and buttons are very useful.

n_n

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Ghz 17" iMac Core 2 Duo, 13" Macbook 2.16 Ghz, 17" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHZ
I picked up a M-Audio keystation 61es around Christmas and it's one of my best purchases. Depending on what you are doing, you may be limited by 49 keys, I know that I would be myself. The 61 key keyboards are great all around, and I haven't had a single issue with mine. The keys are also semi-weighted so it feels a little more like playing a "real" piano (which I have as well, they are pretty close).

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core
Thanks everyone. I think I msy go for the M Audio one - though I have seen it £20 cheaper than the Apple store!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
I'd recommend Novation's Remote series.

http://www.novationmusic.com/product.asp?id=30&Type=1&bArchive=False

If you do anything with VSTs then you need one, it automagically assigns parameters to the controls on the device.

They recently released v3 of the software (I bought it with v1, pretty good product support to release 2 new major versions) which acts as a wrapper around any VST and lets you customise the layout easily.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I have an M-Audio 2-octave keyboard, it works great with Reason - no drivers, no faffing around.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20"iMac, 2.16ghz dual core
Finally got the M-Audio 49E and it seems to do everything I need (within my limitations!)

Thanks for replies

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
Congrats!!!! Have fun with it. ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Cool, I'm looking for a keyboard myself at the moment...

Here's my current shortlist:

M-AUDIO Keystation 49e
M-Audio Oxygen 49
BEHRINGER UMX49

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
If it's just a controller then my previous recommendation applies, Novation SL.

If you want a mighty fine synth, V-Synth. I have one and it's a very unique instrument. The V-Synth GT should be out about now.

http://www.roland.com/V-Synth/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.